U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:43 PM

19,986 posts, read 18,940,630 times

Advertisements

I was going to try Vito's for dinner tonight. Unfortunately, it has new hours and closes at 2100 hours (9 pm). I may need to try it for lunch soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 10:02 PM

123 posts, read 126,646 times
Greenville and upstate has a ton of pizza places with lot of variety in how it is made. If you can't find several decent places in upstate, you probably just don't like pizza in general. Many of the pizza places are run by people who are from the areas of the country that are supposedly the best at making pizza.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:16 PM

383 posts, read 716,458 times
I tried Vito's Pizza today and it was not my favorite. I thought the sauce was way too bland. I personally really like Wild Ace the best. We are all different and have individual tastes. It was definitely fresh and made from scratch and the crust was good, but overall, did not have a lot of flavor, in my opinion. It was not greasy, which was a good thing, but I prefer a more robust pizza sauce. It's good to have suggestions, though, and I am glad Eldemela found her favorite pizza.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:58 AM

4,884 posts, read 6,337,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
I tried Vito's Pizza today and it was not my favorite. I thought the sauce was way too bland. I personally really like Wild Ace the best. We are all different and have individual tastes. It was definitely fresh and made from scratch and the crust was good, but overall, did not have a lot of flavor, in my opinion. It was not greasy, which was a good thing, but I prefer a more robust pizza sauce. It's good to have suggestions, though, and I am glad Eldemela found her favorite pizza.

Funny, that's one thing I really do like about his pizza is the sauce. He makes it himself, not a premade product.

As you said, we are all different and what one likes, others my not. I'm always open to trying new places. You never know what you may find that may be better (or worse). I still like the place in Black Mountain the best, but it's so far away, though I will be going with friends this weekend.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:42 PM

2,967 posts, read 4,188,167 times
I finally had a chance to try Vito's recently when in the area, and it was great. I ordered the Aglio E Olio linguini with anchovies and it was fabulous. The side salad that came with it was simple, but very good with a great house dressing. We ordered meatballs on the side, and those lasted about 60 seconds, mmm. The sauces were all homemade. The owner cooked our food and was very friendly.

My companion ordered a pizza, and it was also very good. It is true authentic style Italian pizza with fresh and higher quality ingredients and sauce slathered on just right; not the overdone, heavy American pizza that is overloaded with too many "canned" toppings (don't get me wrong, that can be good too!). The setting is very casual, seat yourself, and pay at the back counter.

Thanks for the recommendation - will definitely go back to work my way through the menu!

Old 02-09-2015, 07:57 PM

60 posts, read 114,397 times
Tried Sidewall Pizza in TR. Very good.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:26 PM

19,986 posts, read 18,940,630 times
Default Vito's Pizza, Subs and Pasta, Collins Corner, 14166 East Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29651-1554

I have finally tried Vito's. The pizza is good. The pizza sauce could be better without the chunky tomatoes and basil leaves.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:05 PM

31 posts, read 31,317 times
Default pizza place in Mauldin Simpsonville

Is there a pizza place in mauldin or simpsonville area that comes close to such authentic Italian taste as this restaurant being talked about here? I'd love to try it, but Greer unfortunately is a little too far for us to frequent..

Last edited by JKern; 03-08-2015 at 10:24 PM..

Old 03-16-2015, 11:01 AM

903 posts, read 654,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKern View Post
Is there a pizza place in mauldin or simpsonville area that comes close to such authentic Italian taste as this restaurant being talked about here? I'd love to try it, but Greer unfortunately is a little too far for us to frequent..
Frank & Co, downtown Simpsonville, is hands down the best pizza place in the area. By the slice, by the pie, it is great quality at a reasonable price. Friendly staff. Authentic New York style.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:43 PM

143 posts, read 168,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKern View Post
Try Morrettis on Butler. These transplanted Buffalo NY folks know something about pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or