U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 07:35 PM

317 posts, read 194,061 times

Advertisements

Good pizza also at the Village Bakery in Flat Rock and at West First in Hendersonville. Yes they are across the border in NC but if one is on the north side of Greenville then it isn't too far, and there never seems to be much traffic on 25 north of TR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 07:40 PM

11,836 posts, read 26,821,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown27 View Post
Good pizza also at the Village Bakery in Flat Rock and at West First in Hendersonville. Yes they are across the border in NC but if one is on the north side of Greenville then it isn't too far, and there never seems to be much traffic on 25 north of TR.
What style pizza is it?

Old 02-13-2017, 04:59 AM

317 posts, read 194,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
What style pizza is it?
Thin crust, baked directly in a brick or stone oven. I don't know if they sell larger sizes but I've only ever ordered small ones.

The bakery also sells the best bread I've found in the area and excellent pastries.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:54 AM

470 posts, read 701,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown27 View Post
+1

Our favorite pizza in this area. And the kids like the store right next to it. We go there when we go hiking at Jones Gap State Park.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:17 AM

4,885 posts, read 6,342,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
+1

Our favorite pizza in this area. And the kids like the store right next to it. We go there when we go hiking at Jones Gap State Park.
Lots of good restaurants in Hendersonville. Favorite sandwich place is Mountain Deli. I'm still heading to Black Mountain for pizza. Probably this weekend, hopefully this weeknd

Have been to the VB in Flat Rock. Loved it at the beginning but two times in the past it was greasy and dripping so we haven't been back in about 2 years. Wrinkled Egg is fun to go through, has been there for ever!

Old 02-18-2017, 07:40 PM

THIS is good pizza, at least to us, it's the best. This is from the place in Black Mountain - if anyone knows of any place closer to home that comes close, or better, would love to know!
Attached Thumbnails
Finally!  Good pizza!!!-20170218_184347.jpg  

Old 02-23-2017, 01:32 PM

40 posts, read 34,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw75 View Post
Had to wake this forum topic back up. Hungry for GREAT Pizza! Still haven't found awesome crave-able Pizza here in Greenville.

Any new pizza places that cause you guys to want to order one to feed the family like every week? The closest I have found was Tony's NY on the Parkway, but just not quite...
I dunno. I've had Tony's and I think it's really good. I'm from NYC so I prefer NY style as well as sicilian. Tony's hits the spot for me, but who knows. Maybe I'm forgetting what a NY pizza really tastes like since I haven't had one in 5 years.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:12 AM

129 posts, read 105,112 times
Lucky, wish there would be good pizza I like in the area. ITALIAN Best one I've found was in Atlanta
Attached Thumbnails
Finally!  Good pizza!!!-20170210_115717.jpg  

Old 02-24-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway83 View Post
Lucky, wish there would be good pizza I like in the area. ITALIAN Best one I've found was in Atlanta
We tried Antico pizza in Atlanta - would definitely go back. Love the olive oil and parm cheese they have on the side.

https://centrostorico.it/#benvenuto

Where did you go in ATL?? Will be going in the next month or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or