U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 12:15 PM

42 posts, read 55,498 times

Advertisements

Planning on a trip this spring to the following cities as part of my relocation 'fact finding' mission...

Greenville/Spartanburg
Asheville
Chattanooga
Knoxville
Johnson city/Bristol/Kingsport
Roanoke

If you could pick 2 weeks from sometime between March and May, when would you go? I would like to hit the peak period for great spring weather. Want to make a good impression on the wife. I am thinking late April/early May......thoughts?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 12:30 PM

215 posts, read 236,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartana View Post
Planning on a trip this spring to the following cities as part of my relocation 'fact finding' mission...

Greenville/Spartanburg
Asheville
Chattanooga
Knoxville
Johnson city/Bristol/Kingsport
Roanoke

If you could pick 2 weeks from sometime between March and May, when would you go? I would like to hit the peak period for great spring weather. Want to make a good impression on the wife. I am thinking late April/early May......thoughts?

Thank you!
Any time between the last 2 weeks in April and first 2 weeks in May would be a fine time.

I noticed that Charlotte is not on your list. You also might want to consider Myrtle Beach and Charleston, unless you are just dead set on being in or close to the mountains.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:36 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,146,247 times
All the cities on that list are in or close to the mountains.

Late spring like the previous poster mentioned is nice but the last two weeks of October are really my favorite time of the year in the southern Appalachians.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 AM

42 posts, read 55,498 times
Thank you all for your replies. Yes, I am focused on the mountains...at least for the next trip. As that is the area that I want to relocate to, it will be receiving my primary attention. As I am looking at around two weeks for the trip, I would like to pinpoint the best time, in regards to weather. Thank you all for your help!

Old 10-13-2014, 04:24 PM

141 posts, read 195,498 times
I think the first half of April would be lovely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or