Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 12:35 PM

690 posts, read 1,138,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKirbyCompany View Post
Hello. This is The Kirby Company writing with hopes of alleviating your concerns regarding the individuals selling Kirby home cleaning systems. The Kirby Company certainly understands that there are not as many companies as there once were selling door to door. We have continued our direct selling business model as we believe in allowing consumers the opportunity to try our products in their own homes. That way, consumers can make informed purchasing decisions about whether the products are right for them. Salespeople or “dealers” for our independent, authorized distributors offer to clean the carpet as part of the Kirby demonstration. If you ever are concerned that the dealer knocking on your door may not be authorized, please call The Kirby Company's Consumer Relations Department at 800-494-8586, Monday -- Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, EST.
Say wha?!?! How on earth did they find this post so fast? This smells fishy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 01:58 PM

9,371 posts, read 9,662,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
My wife made and printed these two simple words, "NO SOLICITING" and placed it on our front door. We have had no problems since. I love my wife.
I have a similar sign on my door and I know that at least the Charter salesperson cannot read.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:56 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,912,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Say wha?!?! How on earth did they find this post so fast? This smells fishy...
Lol

Old 10-11-2015, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,142 times
It does sound like they are being pushy and rude, but they really are selling kirbys, I bought one yes ago. They are very forward. But I like my Kirby. 

Old 10-12-2015, 09:10 AM

68 posts, read 71,660 times
My jaw was on the floor reading this Beckycat! Those folks are either really dumb or really desperate to have such gumption. I'm glad you're all OK.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:27 AM

12,626 posts, read 31,912,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanp35comcast View Post
My jaw was on the floor reading this Beckycat! Those folks are either really dumb or really desperate to have such gumption. I'm glad you're all OK.
Thank you. They haven't been around since.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:57 PM

131 posts, read 213,128 times
Edit: I just realized your post was from almost a year ago, but here is my response.

I have slammed the door on salespeople before. If I want it I will call you. If they had tried to enter the house I would have pushed back shutting the door at the same time.

We had some people knock on the door soon after we moved into our current house and thinking they were neighbors, I opened it. They said they were from some church welcoming us and I told them thanks but we were not interested and shut the door.

With someone as pushy as your salespeople were and them opening bedroom doors and trying to go upstairs, they were likely casing the place so they can rob you.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:43 PM

894 posts, read 1,131,122 times
Always remember, just because someone knocks on your door, it does not mean you are obligated to open it. In fact, if you do not know the person, I recommend you do not open the door. Even if they can tell I am home...my door, my home..I do not have to open it. Be careful.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:48 AM

5,619 posts, read 5,762,841 times
The worst ones Ive ever had were those guys selling meat out of the back of a truck. Had one selling seafood a few months ago. Very, very pushy, even opened my door and sell "Hello?" before i could get to the door. Showed him the reason I have a CWP! He left immediately.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,915 times
Default re 'no solicitors' signs

Salesmen are trained to recognize 'no solicitors' as meaning " Sucker with no sales resistance lives here. "
Now a 'No Trespassing" sign will allow you to call out the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area