Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 09:57 AM

632 posts, read 747,765 times

Advertisements

If you read the OP's original comments, you will notice the Kirby representative in question pushed far past all allowed limits established by Kirby. It really doesn't matter what company policy might be, if the field guys are simply ignoring it. Its something they really really don't want to attempt here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 10:17 AM

671 posts, read 1,117,998 times
SERIOUSLY..the OP lost me when they vacuumed the dog.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:44 AM

It appears that the Kirby Rep decided to delete today's post concerning the high level of integrity of their local field representatives.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:51 AM

9 posts, read 7,139 times
This happened to me a few months ago in Boiling Springs! I couldn't get the girl out of my house for over 3 hours until I started asking her about her solicitor's permit. I don't open my door to anyone anymore!

Old 04-06-2016, 05:22 PM

13 posts, read 42,200 times
We have a neighbor that called the police because the woman would NOT leave. The police made her go and then she returned again!!!!

Old 04-07-2016, 05:33 AM

3 posts, read 6,184 times
Hello, The Kirby Company certainly does not condone such behavior from individuals who appear to be salespeople or “dealers” for an independent distributor of our products. If you’ve seen some of our posts, you already may know that Kirby systems are sold through independently owned and operated businesses or “distributorships.” Dealers for these distributorships then sell our cleaning systems door-to-door We understand your concern and ask that if your neighbor would like to contact our Consumer Relations Department to discuss her visit, we would like to speak with her so that we may investigate her concerns. Please have your neighbor call 1-800-494-8586, Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. We welcome calls from anyone who may have a concern about a individual who may be attempting the Kirby Home Care System.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:51 AM

I have a far better idea.... how about we just warn your Kirby rep that they are trespassing and then report them to local authorities, should they refuse to leave the property. No one should ever let one of these people inside their door.... period. I won't care if you are the highest level mucky muck associated with Kirby. If I don't personally call you to request a demonstration, you are not welcome to ring my doorbell. It's not even personal. I'd do the very same thing, were it one of the more aggressive door to door religious organizations.The days of having any expectations for in home sales safety are long behind us.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:39 PM

477 posts, read 840,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKirbyCompany View Post
Hello, The Kirby Company certainly does not condone such behavior from individuals who appear to be salespeople or “dealers” for an independent distributor of our products. If you’ve seen some of our posts, you already may know that Kirby systems are sold through independently owned and operated businesses or “distributorships.” Dealers for these distributorships then sell our cleaning systems door-to-door We understand your concern and ask that if your neighbor would like to contact our Consumer Relations Department to discuss her visit, we would like to speak with her so that we may investigate her concerns. Please have your neighbor call 1-800-494-8586, Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. We welcome calls from anyone who may have a concern about a individual who may be attempting the Kirby Home Care System.
Who wants to waste time on this crap? Why should anyone who didn't ask for these people to come to their house spend even more time by reaching out to Kirby?
I am surprised that these reps have not been beaten up or shot yet.

Last edited by Toto7SC; 04-07-2016 at 02:23 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 05:52 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Speaking of Kirby, those ******* are knocking on my door again! Here comes a man carrying a bottle of **** and Span. They need to go away! Unfortunately, they just pushed their way into the neighbors house.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:22 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
This happened about 3 years ago. A van pulled up across the street from my house. 6 people got out, and paired up and started to go to houses. Found out later they were selling home security systems. Or so it seemed. What they were actually doing was scoping out your house if you let them in. Maybe asking question like who lives there that might like a security system, and what times are you gone to need one. That week several houses were broken into, and a few were seen around my neighbors houses after dark. They knocked on my door, I didnt answer. I NEVER open the door to any one I dont know. I later heard they did this in several neighborhoods in my city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area