Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:15 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Riverside Crossing is a planned retail center anchored by a supermarket at the intersection of Hammett Bridge Road and East Suber Road in the city of Greer, South Carolina.

Developments:

In January 2014, developers for Gemini Real Estate informed Greer's Planning Advisory Committee an unnamed 45,000 square feet grocery store and 10,000 square feet strip mall were expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2015. A representative for Gemini Real Estate said the grocery store "is not a brand familiar to the area."

According to LoopNet, Riverside Crossing is coming in summer 2015.

On 15 October 2014, Ryland Properties LLC acquired the 15.029-acre site from Enigma Corporation for $3.12 million.

Site Plan:

Riverside Crossing: Site Plan

Suggested Reading:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 11:57 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Has it finally been determined what the anchor supermarket is going to be?

Old 12-09-2014, 04:29 PM

The anchor supermarket has not been officially announced yet.

Publix has opened or will be opening several stores that are 45,600 square feet in size. It is present in the upstate South Carolina region, but it does not have a store within the city of Greer.

Harris Teeter has not been in the area for over 13 years. It could be considered unfamiliar. I do not know where Kroger stands on entering the upstate South Carolina market, and if it would want to open Kroger stores, Harris Teeter stores, or both.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:03 PM

102 posts, read 121,838 times
Good to hear that something is moving with this project but I note that the Rosenblatt article said noting about anticipated completion (or even start) date. I pass this location several times a week (3 times today alone) and see that not a single shovel of dirt has been moved. I'd think that this would certainly not bode well for any Q1 2015 opening as was originally planned but wonder if there is any info on just when all this might get started. I live in a development only a few block away and am excited to think that any of the mentioned stores could be so close.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:20 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
If homebuilder Ryland purchased the property in October it seems to me plans may be changing for this property. Could it become a subdivision or more townhomes instead?

Old 12-09-2014, 08:42 PM

The process and finalization of the sale to Ryland Properties LLC would be a legitimate reason why construction has not convened. If Ryland Properties LLC proceeds with securing and announcing tenants and beginning construction in January, it will be possible to see Riverside Crossing up and the supermarket open by autumn 2015.

Ryland Properties LLC and Ryland Homes are two separate entities not affiliated with each other. Ryland Properties LLC is based out of Charlotte, North Carolina. I do not know what commercial property interests it has. Ryland Homes, legally known as The Ryland Group, Incorporated, is based in Westlake Village, California.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:58 AM

Speculation indicates that the new supermarket for Riverside Crossing will be Publix. But this has been officially confirmed yet.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:15 AM

20 posts, read 36,535 times
With Harris Teeter coming to a site off Augusta Rd. it seems more likely that they could be the grocery anchor. Of course this is all speculation on my part

Old 12-22-2014, 08:33 AM

^^It does seem likely that Harris Teeter will add additional stores as they re-enter the Greenville market. But I have heard unofficially that the Riverside Crossing store will indeed be a Publix. But not yet officially confirmed.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:52 AM

20 posts, read 36,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
^^It does seem likely that Harris Teeter will add additional stores as they re-enter the Greenville market. But I have heard unofficially that the Riverside Crossing store will indeed be a Publix. But not yet officially confirmed.
Well then you already have more information than me I'll be extremely happy with either considering I live 2 min from that site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area