Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 09:16 AM

12,626 posts, read 31,912,549 times

Advertisements

My daughter had to go to work this morning. It did look pretty bad this morning. She said the roads have a coating of ice on top but once you drive on it, it breaks through. If you have to go out, take your time and GO SLOW. Be safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 09:21 AM

5 posts, read 4,987 times
I cannot even open my car doors due to the ice coating.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:42 AM

12,626 posts, read 31,912,549 times
Yeah, my daughter spent 30 minutes cleaning her car off. She just called and said the roads are pretty bad although there are cars out. If you don't have to drive, stay home. It's the safest bet

Old 02-17-2015, 09:47 AM

17,386 posts, read 14,938,142 times
Interstates are fine.. Take care around odd areas, like 385 at exit 30.. Some DA put 'er into the wall there when I was coming in. Of course, i've seen someone in dry conditions do that there..

In Greenville.. Main roads are clear-ish.. Pleasantburg has at least one lane on each side that's clean.. Turning lanes might not be the best.

Back roads.. Not great, but not impassible. The roads like Woods Lake are nasty, but not really that slick. QT parking lot is alot of ice, but.. It's rough ice where you actually get traction..

Be more careful once you get OUT of your vehicle.. I made it all the way from Gray Court, not a single problem.. Nearly bit it walking into the building.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 4,987 times
Fairview road is in decent shape, it appears most of the businesses along there are open including the Bi Lo.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:31 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,670,197 times
It took an hour to get the one inch thick iced coating, which encased my entire car, off the car. Then the driveway was a sheet of ice, so I started chipping away at it

Old 02-17-2015, 06:54 PM

17,386 posts, read 14,938,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
It took an hour to get the one inch thick iced coating, which encased my entire car, off the car. Then the driveway was a sheet of ice, so I started chipping away at it
And for that, we thank you.

Forgot to mention how many cars I saw going down the interstate this morning and you'd see this sheet of ice pop up off the roof about 10 feet up in the air and come crashing back down.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:05 PM

9,364 posts, read 9,662,180 times
Greenville County Schools are off again on Wednesday. I don't understand why GVL does not partition the county into districts like Anderson does. I can see a closing in the northern parts of the county tomorrow, but for the southern sections, it's pretty clear. A two-hour delay should suffice.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:35 PM

1,997 posts, read 4,582,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Greenville County Schools are off again on Wednesday. I don't understand why GVL does not partition the county into districts like Anderson does. I can see a closing in the northern parts of the county tomorrow, but for the southern sections, it's pretty clear. A two-hour delay should suffice.
unfortunately, it will take a bad winter with numerous snow days before Greenville County even considers dividing the county - I completely agree with you - a 2 hour delay is, at most, needed for tomorrow for those students south of TR - I bet there's little snow/ice remaining in Fountain Inn

Old 02-17-2015, 08:37 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,639,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Saves money, less administration. Greenville's geography does cause some issues like this a couple times a year though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area