Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM

50 posts, read 155,526 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

New member here. I am thinking about relocating down to the Greenville area and I was wondering if there is a home design or furniture district in Greenville. What towns around Greenville are considered " posh and trendy"? Any help would be appreciated.

Adam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 08:56 PM

5,555 posts, read 15,329,977 times
Downtown Greer is beginning to take on a more "trendy" form, though No towns or cities in the region match the level of "trendiness" located in Greenville at this point. The good thing is that you can enjoy upscale amenities in a relaxed and comfortable environment here in Greenville. It is actually quite amazing.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:21 AM

269 posts, read 1,008,953 times
There are Two towns around Greenville that are Posh and Trendy. Atlanta and Charlotte.
We moved here from Palm Beach,before that DC and Greenwich.There is NOTHING here POSH and the local idea of Trendy is from the 80's. My Wife calls it a 3 legged one goat town if that gives you an Idea. Charleston has some great design areas too if you are looking for SC. Where are you relocating From?

Old 01-13-2008, 05:11 AM

5,555 posts, read 15,329,977 times
You might be interested in checking out Greenville Design Magazine for a bit more information. There are definitely trendy communities to be found here, if you get out much.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:07 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,966,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcoppock View Post
There are Two towns around Greenville that are Posh and Trendy. Atlanta and Charlotte.
We moved here from Palm Beach,before that DC and Greenwich.There is NOTHING here POSH and the local idea of Trendy is from the 80's. My Wife calls it a 3 legged one goat town if that gives you an Idea. Charleston has some great design areas too if you are looking for SC. Where are you relocating From?

DC, Greenwich, Palm Beach - got it. Your THAT guy. Hey, perhaps YOU can afford a $600,000-$1,000,000 home without blinking and prefer to spend countless thousands on whatever and make a heavy six figure income. IMHO Greenville is not that place. Greenville as a whole to me reminds me of a middle class city with some expansion into either end of that scale. (Upper and lower middle class). Not an over abundance of the super rich elite like you find in DC, Palm Beach or Greenwich CT. (Folks if you've never been to Palm Beach or Greenwich, you'll just have to trust me on this one or just do a quick realtor.com search)

If you wish to have a Greenwich avenue (I lived in Darien for a bit when I worked in NYC) environment where restaurants like Jean Louis are the norm, Greenville is obviously the wrong city to chose. Even Charlotte will leave you disappointed in a fairly large way. (I know I lived there too and worked uptown in the BOA doing a stint with MCI)

For me, that's a breath of fresh air to know and thank you for giving us your social standing as a reference point so we can weigh your input accordingly.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:42 AM

617 posts, read 2,568,453 times
Hahahaha..."that" guy. Tell me, robert, why did you ever move here in the first place? You obviously saw something you liked! Or did you decide that your money would be a substitute for all that isn't here? Money can't buy everything (for you, happiness...). Honestly, if you hate the dining here this much you may as well leave the state. Perhaps you would enjoy DC, Palm Beach, or Greenwich?

Old 01-25-2008, 08:52 PM

269 posts, read 1,008,953 times
Default Zion rug

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionrug View Post
Hey guys,

New member here. I am thinking about relocating down to the Greenville area and I was wondering if there is a home design or furniture district in Greenville. What towns around Greenville are considered " posh and trendy"? Any help would be appreciated.

Adam
Hey you obviously sell rugs! What type of rugs do you sell ? which will help with location. For high end Wholesale there is Always High Point Not too far from here, which is rich during market, but not much ther rest of ther year. Hicory has an excelent year round market crowd. Lot's of designers. ( My Mother had her own Design firm, So I grew up in the Markets)
Black Mountian/Asheville has great trade, And of corse ADAC is a year round Market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area