Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 04:08 PM

654 posts, read 359,389 times

Advertisements

Anyone else grow up going to Baskin-Robbins at McAlister Square or Bell Tower Mall, and miss either location?

Also, what happened to TCBY? There were multiple locations around town 25+ years ago, such as 1818 Augusta Road. I don't have the same fond memories of it as I do of Baskin-Robbins, but it also is a chain that seems nearly defunct around Greenville.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 04:23 PM

428 posts, read 354,633 times
There was a TCBY on Old Spartanburg road when I lived around there in the mid 90s. Used to go there a lot, but only because I was in high school and on foot. Hahah

Old 02-11-2020, 04:39 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,728,570 times
There is a TCBY at 7 Brendan Way in Greenville, between Pelham Rd. and Orchard Park Dr., just around the corner from Stax Omega. There is also one in Clemson.

Old 02-11-2020, 05:09 PM

4,558 posts, read 5,911,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
There is a TCBY at 7 Brendan Way in Greenville, between Pelham Rd. and Orchard Park Dr., just around the corner from Stax Omega. There is also one in Clemson.
Yep. Still go to that one after all these years near Stax Omega. There was also a Baskin Robbins on East North at the corner of Haywood/Howell Rd next to McDonalds for a long time.

Last edited by vistatiger; 02-11-2020 at 05:40 PM..

Old 02-11-2020, 09:18 PM

5,125 posts, read 7,249,271 times
Are there any Baskin-Robins locations remaining in the Upstate? At one time they were owned by the same corporation as Dunkin Donuts.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:37 PM

825 posts, read 1,115,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Are there any Baskin-Robins locations remaining in the Upstate? At one time they were owned by the same corporation as Dunkin Donuts.

Yes. There are two locations. One is on Fairview Rd in Simpsonville. The other is in GSP past security. That one shares a space with Dunkin Donuts. I do think there is still some sort of affiliation between DD and BR.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:58 PM

68 posts, read 67,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
Yes. There are two locations. One is on Fairview Rd in Simpsonville. The other is in GSP past security. That one shares a space with Dunkin Donuts. I do think there is still some sort of affiliation between DD and BR.
Dunkin Brands owns Baskin Robbins.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:45 AM

17,385 posts, read 14,919,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Between the various Yogurt places (Blueberry Frog, etc, etc, etc), other branded ice cream shops (Brusters) and independent shops, such as Ice Cream Station (My personal fave) in Simpsonville... BR has just lost marker share. Plus with the downfall of smaller malls, which seemed to be their go-to locations for many a year.

That one in McAlister Square lasted a VERY long time.. I think it and Boda Pipes were the last two shops in the place.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:55 AM

4,558 posts, read 5,911,587 times
I don't remember Haywood Mall ever having a BR. Others over the years with Haagan Dazs currently in Haywood. I remember Swensen's across from Haywood and on Wade Hampton.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:18 PM

5 posts, read 3,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
Anyone else grow up going to Baskin-Robbins at McAlister Square or Bell Tower Mall, and miss either location?

Thanks.
I would ride my bicycle from Augusta Rd to B-R McAlister Square in the summer . . . buy a chocolate milk shake and sit in front of the mall entrance until I had nearly sucked the bottom right out of the cup. Then wander over to the Record Bar where they would be playing one of the more recent hit albums. Life couldn't get much better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area