U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:51 PM

6 posts, read 25,224 times
Default Good/Bad neighborhoods in Greer, SC

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about buying a home in the Greer area. Can anyone tell me some of the good neighborhoods or subdivisions to live in and which ones to avoid because of crime, noise, etc. Also, is there an area or side of Greer to avoid (i.e. East, West, etc). I know that this is a relative question but any insights, observations or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 09:04 PM

75 posts, read 257,830 times
honestly theres no real bad parts of greer. some things like people breakin into cars and stuff but nuthin really dangerous. heres a crime rate comparison with greenville just to show you a aspect.

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 02-14-2008 at 07:07 AM..

Old 01-10-2008, 10:26 AM

69 posts, read 209,012 times
If you don't want your car broken into, house invaded/broken into and you want to feel safe, don't move to Victor, or Sunnyside.

The nicest areas in Greer tend to be the ones north of Wade Hampton, although there are many smaller, nice and decent neighborhoods on the south side and within the actual city area.

In general the mill villages are not very desirable.

So avoid Victor, Greer Mill, Sunnyside, the numbered streets area, downtown area is iffy.

East Greer in general is the bad side of town.

The west side of Greer aka Eastside of Greenville is nice. North of Greer is beautiful.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:17 AM

45 posts, read 68,963 times
I agree, the Northside of Greer is beautiful. Neat, tidy and quiet older and not so old neighborhoods, beautiful new homes being built. Wooded and a rural feel but very close to all one would need for shopping. Direct shot to the highways leading up into the mountains.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:52 AM

8,156 posts, read 12,496,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerock View Post
I agree, the Northside of Greer is beautiful. Neat, tidy and quiet older and not so old neighborhoods, beautiful new homes being built. Wooded and a rural feel but very close to all one would need for shopping. Direct shot to the highways leading up into the mountains.
Exactly what I am looking for and what my hunch has been.

Thank you very much.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:14 PM

6 posts, read 25,224 times
Very good info. Thanks everyone.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:45 AM

69 posts, read 209,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerock View Post
Plus, you have the most wonderful, beautiful views of the BlueRidge mountains. You won't believe the hold that view will have on you. I could not imagine living somewhere where I don't see that while i'm driving to the grocery store etc.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:52 AM

8,156 posts, read 12,496,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMK View Post
Plus, you have the most wonderful, beautiful views of the BlueRidge mountains. You won't believe the hold that view will have on you. I could not imagine living somewhere where I don't see that while i'm driving to the grocery store etc.
That is exactly what I was hoping for. Where I live now is all rolling hills and I currently live on a 1000' high ridge and coming into the city on the highway get some great views of the surrounding hills and mountains. It would be nice to still have a nice view like that.

It's a really beautiful area here when you look past the high taxes, ghetto culture, insane cost of living, crime, out of control state spending, and all the other things that have ruined it. lol

Thank you yet again for the information.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:49 PM

63 posts, read 137,190 times
i would have to say, the north side of greer would be the best (for a long term investment on your house) the homes up hwy 14 N of greer are much cheaper right now than the other areas.. eventully the developments (commercial) will make its way north causing home prices to rise... great resale potential

Old 09-01-2009, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 8,592 times
Hwy 14. Subdivisons like Spring hill bent creek and dillard creek are really the place to buy. House have amazing upgrades for very good price and the area has been booming. Great investment, very hign re sale value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area