Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:22 AM

34 posts, read 70,509 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know when the new comedy club opens? I'm surprised there is no thread on this already considering the all of the irrelevant threads I see on here all the time, I'm looking to take my gf so if anyone knows when the first show is I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 10:55 AM

453 posts, read 643,142 times
I've mentioned The Comedy Zone in at least two different threads, and I haven't been the only one either.

The opening is slated for February 20th, but since a couple other announced dates have already come and gone (it was supposed to open on 1/23 and then 1/30, and maybe more beyond that), I wouldn't take that to the bank.

Look at their website at Comedy Zone - Greenville SC - The Comedy Zone - Greenville, SC

This is at least the 4th Comedy Zone in/around Greenville in the past decade or so (one in Simpsonville, one in that spot under the sub shop downtown, another on Pelham, now this other one on Main St.), not to mention the other comedy clubs that didn't make it (like LaffTrax in the Crowne Plaza on Roper Mountain Rd.). I don't know if this one will fare any better, but as someone who really loves standup, I'm hoping for the best!

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 02-15-2015 at 11:05 AM..

Old 02-15-2015, 01:23 PM

5,478 posts, read 8,275,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I've mentioned The Comedy Zone in at least two different threads, and I haven't been the only one either.

The opening is slated for February 20th, but since a couple other announced dates have already come and gone (it was supposed to open on 1/23 and then 1/30, and maybe more beyond that), I wouldn't take that to the bank.

Look at their website at Comedy Zone - Greenville SC - The Comedy Zone - Greenville, SC

This is at least the 4th Comedy Zone in/around Greenville in the past decade or so (one in Simpsonville, one in that spot under the sub shop downtown, another on Pelham, now this other one on Main St.), not to mention the other comedy clubs that didn't make it (like LaffTrax in the Crowne Plaza on Roper Mountain Rd.). I don't know if this one will fare any better, but as someone who really loves standup, I'm hoping for the best!
Considering that the area is changing with time and with the people moving in, I'm keeping positive thoughts. They spent some money to renovate and I believe they have clubs in other cities. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:26 PM

34 posts, read 70,509 times
Thanks for the info, didn't know it was that many that came through this area.. But I agree with the growth of the area and by it being downtown that its more likely to be a success.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:12 PM

503 posts, read 527,441 times
I'll be seeing Pauly Shore at Comedy Zone on March 9th if anyone wants to say hi. Thanks Greenville, for building a comedy club just in time for my recon trip!

Old 03-05-2015, 05:16 AM

50 posts, read 99,953 times
Has anyone been yet?

Old 03-05-2015, 09:12 AM

148 posts, read 221,201 times
My parents and brother went last weekend and said it was awesome. They said they ate during the show and the food was really good. We are going tomorrow night to check it out.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:32 AM

12,626 posts, read 31,957,990 times
I have been hearing good reviews.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:50 PM

50 posts, read 99,953 times
Very good. I was thinking about going this weekend.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:06 AM

148 posts, read 221,201 times
I went to the Comedy Zone last Friday night and it was fantastic! We checked in to the Irish Pub downstairs and had drinks and appetizers until they announced they were ready for us to go upstairs. You could take your drinks with you upstairs to The Comedy Zone as well. The owner was actually personally seating everyone. The food and service was great. We will definitely go back soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area