Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,084 times

Advertisements

My wife and I just returned on Sunday from purchasing 2.77 Acres in TR and having our home to be built, they say it will take 5-6 months to completion. We looked at NC and SC for three weeks seeing sooooo many houses and when we went to TR we fell in love with the little town and the people. We are extremely excited about the next chapter in our lives and by the way I am retired age 65 any my wife is semi retired age 54 and we both ride our own motorcycles, so we are looking forward to riding through the mountains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 12:55 PM

1,841 posts, read 2,742,168 times
Thanks for the update - it does sound like TR will be a great fit for you!

Old 03-31-2015, 01:31 PM

894 posts, read 1,131,122 times
Congratulations! May I ask where you are moving from?

Old 03-31-2015, 05:02 PM

158 posts, read 178,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinshield View Post
My wife and I just returned on Sunday from purchasing 2.77 Acres in TR and having our home to be built, they say it will take 5-6 months to completion. We looked at NC and SC for three weeks seeing sooooo many houses and when we went to TR we fell in love with the little town and the people. We are extremely excited about the next chapter in our lives and by the way I am retired age 65 any my wife is semi retired age 54 and we both ride our own motorcycles, so we are looking forward to riding through the mountains.

I'm 40 and my wife is 38. Our kids are getting close to being finished with school. We are moving to the Greenville area for the same reason, to ride the Harley. Also love the proximity to the beach.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:59 PM

26 posts, read 40,518 times
Thanks everyone! We have also discovered Easley in our searches. One area is called Cardinal Woods. Thoughts on this area? Looks like it's pretty close to Greenville. We leave for your beautiful area on Monday and we are so excited! We are aiming to looks at Greenville, Travelers Rest, Greer, Taylors, Mauldin, and Simpsonville. Now thinking about adding Easley.
All of your comments have been a great help! My first choice right now, is Travelers Rest, but we haven't seen anything yet, so who knows, I might want something totally different!

Old 04-06-2015, 03:14 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,258,893 times
Are you talking about the subdivision close to where US 123 and SC 153 intersect? If so, it would be very convenient to shopping in Easley. I don't know a lot about that specific subdivision but it might be a bit noisy being that close to 2 major highways. There are quite a few other subdivisions in the Easley area that might have what you are looking for, though.

Easley is also pretty close to Greenville for when you want to go downtown or for shopping at Haywood mall or over on Woodruff Road.

If you are considering Easley, you should probably also look at Powdersville which is just south of there which also has a lot of subdivisions to consider.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:29 PM

Are Easley and Powdersville in nice areas? They look like it on the map, but just wanted a real perspective. Things to do (restaurants, grocery stores, small shopping)? Close to the mtns? Thanks for the input! And yes, that seems to be the subdivision. Has a pool, etc.... Too close to the hwy? And is there golf in these areas?

Old 04-06-2015, 09:16 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,258,893 times
About the only shopping missing from Easley is a Best Buy, Target, and Barnes and Noble. Easley has Walmart, multiple grocery stores, multiple home improvement stores, office supply store, Sams Club, Kohls, etc. Pretty good variety of chain restaurants as well. The movie theater is only 10 screens or so but is reasonably nice.

When you want more shopping options, Haywood Mall and the shopping in Greenville is about 20 minutes away.

Both Powdersville and Easley are suburbs of Greenville. Neither are as close to the mountains as Travelers Rest would be but closer than some of the other Greenville suburbs.

I don't play golf but I know there are a few courses in the area - just not sure how good they are.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:20 PM

OK, we are here. Met with a realtor that we had been communicating with, yesterday. She was a nice lady, but fixated on Simpsonville. Really didn't hear what we wanted. We want North of GVL. So, we drove ourselves. Found a few places that looked interesting. Blue Ridge subdivision- Castle Rock, Woodland Creek, Cherokee Valley...... All basically in TR. BTW... love it in downtown GVL! Everyone is so friendly and so much to do! Now I just wish the weather would cooperate!

Old 04-15-2015, 03:30 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,832,698 times
i THINK Cherokee Valley is in Tigerville, a very tiny town next to Travelers Rest.

i looked at buying a lot in Cherokee Valley to hold on to but I was concerened that sales in there were very slow, and also that that particular area wasn't really growing.

just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area