Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 12:21 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,946,458 times

Advertisements

I'm new here and went on a walk Monday with my dog around downtown and took the trail back around to where I live and in that, came across what I am learning now is known as Cheese Grade Bridge on the trail.

Obviously (and apparently I am not alone) my dog was not going across that on her own so I carried her across to get to the other side.

So my question is...is there a way I could go around it somewhere without getting onto Church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 12:25 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Not really any quick easy way around it but it is slated to be torn down and replaced as part of the new park going there: Cancer Survivors Park | Greenville, SC HOLIDAY SCHEDULE: Closed Dec. 23-Dec.26; Dec. 30-Jan. 2. End of Year Giving - Call Kay Roper at (864) 444-8063 or DONATE NOW button on top of home page. Thank you!

Old 04-01-2015, 12:58 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
So my question is...is there a way I could go around it somewhere without getting onto Church?
No easy way - the closest bypass would use city streets. Not a bad path for pedestrians.

From Falls park / Tate Plaza, cross Liberty Bridge and continue on Falls St to Cleveland St.
Go down Cleveland St to Ridgeland Drive and turn left.
Continue down Ridgeland Drive until you see the sidewalk to the Rudolph Anderson memorial.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:20 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,946,458 times
Oh perfect! Ill have to give that a shot... and that is great news about the park! I'll be looking forward to that being built.

Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-01-2015, 01:42 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Cheese grater

Old 02-22-2018, 09:12 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I was in Cancer Survivor Park recently. That area feels like a completely different place now.

I had not realized that bridge was going to be replaced.

It looks like the Survivorship Education Center will be opening soon.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:57 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I was in Cancer Survivor Park recently. That area feels like a completely different place now.

I had not realized that bridge was going to be replaced.

It looks like the Survivorship Education Center will be opening soon.
visited this area months ago with out-of-town guests - sadly, it was still under construction and the SR trail was completely blocked

the metal grate bridge was awful and dangerous - I have no idea why that was used - additionally, that entire area was an eyesore (esp just prior to the entrance of Falls Park!) - I plan to visit this weekend -thanks for the update!

Old 02-23-2018, 06:16 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
the metal grate bridge was awful and dangerous - I have no idea why that was used -
The metal grate bridge was placed there long before Cleveland Park and the path itself became a destination. It was just a way to get across the river, but the cost of a replacement bridge was too much to justify. But the area is well worth taking visitors there now. The boardwalk was closed recently to add some viewpoint platforms - not sure when it will or has reopened.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:32 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
The metal grate bridge was placed there long before Cleveland Park and the path itself became a destination. It was just a way to get across the river, but the cost of a replacement bridge was too much to justify. But the area is well worth taking visitors there now. The boardwalk was closed recently to add some viewpoint platforms - not sure when it will or has reopened.
Never understood why is was called a cheese grater. Didn't look like one at all to me. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area