Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 12:52 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,378,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
I can see CF creating excitement 6-10 years back, but I don't get the hype now. Mediocre high cal chain food, much like the majority of Woodruff Rd.
Same can be said about some local spots...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 01:37 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,645,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
I can see CF creating excitement 6-10 years back, but I don't get the hype now. Mediocre high cal chain food, much like the majority of Woodruff Rd.
Can't argue with that. Never understood the hype behind it. I'm glad we got Yard House over CCF at Magnolia Park honestly. I find that chain to be more high end with much better food. Can't go wrong with their beer line up either.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:45 PM

690 posts, read 1,138,251 times
I agree on the food at CCF but what I do like and enjoy is their red velvet cheesecake...sooooo goooooood. I think they shine on that aspect fairly well.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:01 PM

126 posts, read 197,937 times
It's about time Belk is getting an exterior facelift. That design is hideous for late 90s standards, lol! Surprised that it took that long for Belk to get a redesign as much business that store does, its one of their better "A" stores in the company and as far as sales are concerned at Haywood Mall, its the top performing anchor store. Also happy that Macy's is getting a facelift but I know that's been in the works for years and the company was waiting on the Haywood Road project but that store has been needing much TLC for years now. Honestly dont know why the company doesnt invest more into that location when it out performs other Macy stores in the (NC/SC) district, but who am I? Lol!

Just overall glad to see Simon and others really trying to spruce up a very good mall!
* Now if we can get some water fountains up in that mall, you got something! Lol!

Old 05-15-2015, 06:47 PM

5,125 posts, read 7,249,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlscrkeva View Post
It's about time Belk is getting an exterior facelift. That design is hideous for late 90s standards, lol! Surprised that it took that long for Belk to get a redesign as much business that store does, its one of their better "A" stores in the company and as far as sales are concerned at Haywood Mall, its the top performing anchor store. Also happy that Macy's is getting a facelift but I know that's been in the works for years and the company was waiting on the Haywood Road project but that store has been needing much TLC for years now. Honestly dont know why the company doesnt invest more into that location when it out performs other Macy stores in the (NC/SC) district, but who am I? Lol!

Just overall glad to see Simon and others really trying to spruce up a very good mall!
* Now if we can get some water fountains up in that mall, you got something! Lol!
I agree bring back water fountains in the mall. And the Belk store is very nice on the inside, but definitely overdue for renovation on the outside. And would be nice if they could upgrade it to a Flagship store. As for Macy's, they used to have better inventory when it was part of the Atlanta division going back to the Rich's days. Now it is a part of the NC/SC division after they converted the former Hecht's stores. Hopefully they can improve a bit.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:19 PM

126 posts, read 197,937 times
Im surprised that this Belk location hasnt been considered for it to gain the status of a true flagship location considering the amount of volume this store does and how wildly successful this store is.

As far as Macy's is concerned...the fact that this location and the Columbia store is coincidentally in the NC/SC division lumped with the former Hecht's stores (which has a polar opposite viewpoint on fashion) , it is hurting these two Macys stores more than anything. Ive noticed that the NC stores arent all that great...its missing that Macy's vibe to it but the old Rich's stores in Atlanta are the bee's knees! Inventory is definetely better, even in the not-so-hot Macys stores in the brokedown malls in ATL are doing better than the Columbia location and Haywood. Why Macys management just didnt keep Haywood and Columbia with the Atlanta division is beyond me however I will say that as a former emp of the Haywood store, the NC locations were always marveled on how well the Haywood store would do when stack ranked against the NC stores and Haywood has a smaller selling space in the region and one of (if not the, the now smallest sq footage) of the old Rich's Dept stores only at 130K sq ft....since the Shannon Mall location in Atlanta was shut down at 125K sq ft.. Knowing what I know about Haywood's location, they can be a powerhouse if they want to but the company as a whole didnt fare well in 1Q15, sales were down big time at this store and the company as a whole.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:35 PM

5,125 posts, read 7,249,271 times
The Macy's stores at SouthPark and Northlake in Charlotte are nice modern stores, and visually appealing. And they now seem to have a better inventory selection than Greenville. But it would be better if they would put the Haywood Macy's back in the Atlanta division, as my favorite Macy's with great selections are Mall of Georgia and of course, Lenox which is a signature store. But back to topic, hopefully the Cheesecake Factory addition will spur revitalization of Macy's at Haywood, as well as the exterior renovation.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:24 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,378,795 times
Haywood should be pushing for H&M too. Charleston already has 2 and I could see Columbia landing one soon. Even Augusta has one. Stores like Aeropostle and American Eagle are out, Forever 21 and H&M are in. Get on it, Hawyood.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:33 PM

252 posts, read 347,597 times
haywood mall stores seem modern enough and and as visually appealing as clothing stores can be. Looks just like every other mall I've been to.

but this is about the CF not the mall.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:33 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,645,722 times
H&M is the most overrated store in the country and CCF is the most overrated restaurant in he country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area