Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:35 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Which begs the question what was the real reason this establishment shut down, and who was really behind it. I think it was more about property and real estate rather than public indecency. I have always heard that Platimum Plus was more of an upscale strip club rather than seedy and run down. So the alleged lewd behavior that may have transpired in the Champagne Room was just the excuse used to close the club so some one else could acquire the property. Will be very interesting to see who that turns out to be.
I think it is a combination of activity and location. The club was right on the side of a major highway leading people into downtown. That highly visible location for a strip club wasn't something that the folks in power in Greenville wanted so they found a way to shut it down. If it had been located over on White Horse Road doing the same thing, I doubt anyone would have shut it down.

I'm sure that property is somewhat valuable but I'd be surprised if it was shut down just for someone to get access to that property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 11:34 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
How did it get their in the first place then? Who approved that location?

Old 05-19-2015, 03:17 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
It was more upscale. I'm no prude, and I'll admit that I've been there before... Not in years though. Last time I went I thought the music was too loud, and the drinks too expensive. What can I say other than I'm getting old lol.

But there are far more 'seedy and run down' places in town, and there are far, far more places that are more dangerous. So then just what was it that drove a $20k investigation - that had multiple undercover cops making multiple trips there? They can GTFO with the "indecency" crap.. I'm not buying it.
I thought it catered to a younger crowd.. Take your places like the old Nepal's.. That's got a new name I don't recall right now, but I've been there twice since the name change.. Not really my style.. But, bachelor parties and that kind of thing.. I thought it was a nice enough place, but seemed to cater more towards the older (30's and up) crowd, which I am certainly a part of. Whereas Platinum seemed to cater more to the 21 age range.

The Landing Strip, or whatever the place by the airport is now.. That.. Last time I was in there was for lunch about 15 years ago.. It wasn't.. new by any stretch.. I'm sure it's just 15 years older now.

Godiva's.. It was a dump back in the 90's.. I delivered pizzas in that area when I was in college, and you'd get people ordering from there. Never been in there as a customer.

I know.. I never go to strip clubs and I like know all of them.. I also remember a gay bar out on Airport Rd. Been demolished now.. But I worked with a SEVERELY homophobic guy years ago.. We did repairs of the NTT Trivia machines and they had one.. So, of course I sent him to do that repair.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:29 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,662,025 times
I saw some folks taking the letters down off the building today as I drove by. Looks like Platinum Plus is getting dismantled. The sooner the better, I say.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:49 PM

7,259 posts, read 4,629,838 times
They're preparing the building for a possible new tenant if the courts allow. Owners say PP has stopped paying rent after this last shutdown by the courts.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:51 PM

143 posts, read 206,868 times
Does anyone remember what the name of the nightclub was, back in 1992? It was a great nightclub (not a strip club)-
I think if they changed it back to a night club, with great music, and perhaps more windows/balconies with open air access, people would want to go there?

Old 12-19-2016, 09:37 PM

27 posts, read 34,590 times
Quote:
Does anyone remember what the name of the nightclub was, back in 1992?
Characters was the name of the club.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:08 PM

17 posts, read 32,911 times
Characters Night Life

Old 12-26-2016, 08:30 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Does anyone know the story with Diamonds? I'm not specifically talking about the club.. I know it was all nude and BYOB..

But the owner got killed, right? Driving back to Atlanta or something with a sack full of cash?

Anyone remember the details on that, and whether it was ever solved?

Old 12-30-2016, 05:25 PM

684 posts, read 1,186,542 times
I provide my male & female clients with a google maps list of the local strip clubs. I guess I will need to take this off the list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area