Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2015, 04:48 AM

745 posts, read 2,233,177 times

Advertisements

We're going to a concert tonight (yes- the old folks are actually venturing out!) and are planning to have dinner beforehand. We were thinking about checking out the Greek Festival for dinner. Have any of you gone? Is it better to eat inside, or out? Quality of food? Prices? Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 05:37 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,812,715 times
I went to Greek Fest last year. We ate in the indoor dining area next to the cathedral (The outdoor food is down below with the stage and other booths).

I don't recall the prices, but they seemed quite reasonable for what we got. I had roast lamb, Greek salad and Greek potatoes. Everything was great!

Old 05-15-2015, 09:54 AM

24 posts, read 45,773 times
If you want to have something that's a little more like "street food" than you can eat outside, but you may not find any place to sit. There's a few covered areas to sit at a table, but we tend to just stand and eat. Outside you'll find gyros, souvlaki, lamb burgers, greek fries, calamari, and then some. There's also beer and wine available outside; I don't think you can order any alcohol inside, but I may be wrong. Inside there'll be some more sit-down style food, like roast lamb, chicken, dolmades, and moussaka. There's also a lot of delicious pastries inside. You can find most of those some inside items outside as well at one of the stalls, and they'll put everything in a styrofoam container with plastic utensils for you.

And now I've gone and made myself hungry. The lines may sometimes be long for food, but it's definitely worth the wait!

Old 05-15-2015, 02:16 PM

958 posts, read 2,621,674 times
Went through their "Drive-Thru" at lunchtime and couldn't have been more painless. A limited menu, but I was in and out of there in less than five minutes, and that was at 12:30. The food was excellent.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:22 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
This may be my only hope of finding a decent gyro in the Upstate. Everything I have tried so far seems to have been made from frozen meat with about 1/4th of the meat on it that i'm used to - like mostly pita bread. 2 places I tried didn't even know what dolmades were

Looks like a baklava overdose may be incoming this weekend!

Old 05-15-2015, 04:24 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
Went through their "Drive-Thru" at lunchtime and couldn't have been more painless. A limited menu, but I was in and out of there in less than five minutes, and that was at 12:30. The food was excellent.
Where is this drive-thru? Would love to avoid parking and walking if possible.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:13 PM

958 posts, read 2,621,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
Where is this drive-thru? Would love to avoid parking and walking if possible.
You enter on Elford Street off of Academy. I think it was just during the day Thursday and Friday. Convenient if you work downtown and have a limited lunch break.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:07 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,471,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
This may be my only hope of finding a decent gyro in the Upstate. Everything I have tried so far seems to have been made from frozen meat with about 1/4th of the meat on it that i'm used to - like mostly pita bread. 2 places I tried didn't even know what dolmades were

Looks like a baklava overdose may be incoming this weekend!
Check out Pita House near gvl tech.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:38 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
Check out Pita House near gvl tech.
Pita house is good, but not Greek (sauces and seasonings tend to be different).

Old 05-16-2015, 04:31 AM

745 posts, read 2,233,177 times
We had a great time! We ate inside around 5 PM, and the line wasn't bad then. After dinner and strolling around, we went to the Gaither Vocal Band 2015 Homecoming at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena. Almost 4 hours of great gospel music! All in all, a great night (and we used up our entertainment budget for the year).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area