Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 05:03 PM

52 posts, read 67,602 times

Advertisements

I've tried to find this information both on this forum as well as googling, but no such luck.

What elementary and middle schools feed into Muladin HS?

What elementary and middle schools feed into J.L. Mann HS?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 05:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Have you tried Greenville County Schools' school assignment search? Each address and subdivision fall under a specific geocode that matches up with the assigned elementary, middle and high schools for the upcoming or current academic year.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:53 PM

52 posts, read 67,602 times
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, it's only searchable by address/subdivision.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:23 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,048,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Have you tried Greenville County Schools' school assignment search? Each address and subdivision fall under a specific geocode that matches up with the assigned elementary, middle and high schools for the upcoming or current academic year.
This is your best bet The attendances lines are "gerrymandered" and are subject to rezoning, pretty much annually Rumors have been circulating that the next high school built will be in the Five Forks area ( i know the plans "announced" for Ft Inn )

Old 07-21-2015, 11:35 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,847,696 times
FI high school opening delayed to at least 2019

Fountain Inn High School plans are being delayed until at least 2019 at the earliest.

The arguments in the article from the BOE are pretty accurate and rational. They're not going to build a high school that served only a small portion of the county. My guess is they would want a building that would serve around 1,000 students.

As it sits right now Hillcrest and Woodmont (two schools who would see their enrollments impacted most likely) sit at 2,066 and 1,692 respectively as of the 180 enrollment count provided to the state (can also be found on the GCSD website). Both Woodmont and Hillcrest were built to house 2,000 students. There is absolutely no need to build a new school if you can not even fill it beyond half capacity in the immediate future.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:38 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,847,696 times
more recent article from this year

Fountain Inn High School construction delayed again

this article now indicates an opening date of 2021 for Fountain Inn HS

Article also says that money was approved to add additional space of up to 400 students at JL Mann High School. I will be VERY interested to see what happens in 6 years if we're adding room to JL Mann which is also a Golden Strip school in some respects.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terinth View Post
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, it's only searchable by address/subdivision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
This is your best bet The attendances lines are "gerrymandered" and are subject to rezoning, pretty much annually.
The geocodes have assignment errors by zoning students to attend schools as far as possible instead of the schools closest to them.

In smaller multiple school districts in Anderson and Spartanburg counties, schools feed into one another.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:22 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terinth View Post
I've tried to find this information both on this forum as well as googling, but no such luck.

What elementary and middle schools feed into Muladin HS?

What elementary and middle schools feed into J.L. Mann HS?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, it isn't that simple. Greenville County does not have it set up where an elementary school all feeds into a certain middle school. A single elementary school can feed 2-3 different middle schools. The same is true for the middle schools. The attendance zones also change a bit each year to balance the student population. As the population in the Mauldin and Simpsonville area has boomed over the last 20 years, they have had to do some complex movement of attendance zones to keep the schools in those areas from over crowding.

You'll have to look up individual addresses on the school website or find a website that shows maps for school attendance zones. I'd give you a link to such a website but city-data considers it a competitor and would remove the link.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:14 PM

271 posts, read 796,815 times
I know that Beck Middle School feeds into J.L.Mann. I "assume" the new middle school that's just a mile down the road from J.L. Mann will also feed into J.L. Mann...I forget the name of that school...some STEM school.

But also keep in mind, Greenville County is a choice county....you can go to any high school you want, assuming you are chosen in the lottery. So it is luck of the draw, but many do get lucky enough to go where they chose.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiis View Post
I know that Beck Middle School feeds into J.L.Mann. I "assume" the new middle school that's just a mile down the road from J.L. Mann will also feed into J.L. Mann...I forget the name of that school...some STEM school.
Dr. Phinnize J. Fisher Middle School is that school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area