Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 04:50 PM

6 posts, read 6,859 times

Advertisements

I slept in the other bedroom so I can study and alarm my phone around 3AM Saturday 8/15/15. I am a morning person when it comes to study. My husband worked all week long, so I dont want to bother him with the alarm and the light on. So I slept on the other bedroom next to the front porch.

So it was 3AM, and I was so sleepy yet, so I kind of slept a little bit more until 4 AM when I first heard the door bell ringing. I thought, I was dreaming of someone buzzin' the door bell. Well not really. After 3 minutes, the the door bell rang again. So I got up and woke up my husband and asked him if he heard a door bell ringing? I thought, It was just me or what? and he said Yes, he heard it. I told him maybe our neighbor Crystal or Larry being hurt and asking for help. He got up and told me to get the gun just in case. But I told him just glance on the window or the little glass on the side of the door first. He was not very happy coz he was tired from working all week and wanted to rest. Well, when he glanced on the glass, there was a man stood up like 3 meters from the door. So he opened a crack on the door and the man said, Sir we were looking for Jason Edwards? My husband was grumpily responded, dont you know that it was 4 in the damn morning? He Slammed the door close right away. When I loaded the magazine on a gun and went to the living room I asked him, who are they and what they want? He told me that there was a man stood up in front of the front porch and looked for Jason Edwards. He shouldn't open the door in the first place coz we never knew whats their motive. They might be a serial killer or be out there and harm somebody who knows. But we were glad were safe that early morning.

Lesson learned dont open the door to anyone we dont know. I dont care they buzz the door million times, while I am getting ready to call the police. If they think nobody home and started to break in. We started shooting them as it was within house vicinity anyway. They are harming us.

I was left puzzled whats their motive of buzzin the door bell early in the morning. They might be one of the criminal who knows. We should of call the police, but we didnt.

When I glimpsed on the window, they drove a white mercedes benz. So, watch out guys if this guys pull over your driveway and buzz your door bell be ready your gun, call 911, and do not open the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 06:03 PM

635 posts, read 754,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missnursing View Post
Lesson learned dont open the door to anyone we dont know. I dont care they buzz the door million times, while I am getting ready to call the police. If they think nobody home and started to break in. We started shooting them as it was within house vicinity anyway. They are harming us.
You JUST learned this lesson? I learned to never open the door for strangers when I was a child.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:15 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,337,250 times
Not to offend, but I hope that this person's first language is not English. I have a headache from trying to read the post.

And yes to above; answering the door is always an optional activity. (put a switch on the buzzer and cut off during private times)

Old 08-17-2015, 07:48 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Similar happened to my mother in law who lives alone in Fountain Inn around 2AM. She thought she was dreaming, but a friend who was also staying over said they heard it ring.

My advice to them was that a 2AM door bell ringing deserves a 911 call.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:00 AM

At CCGU, dont worry about me I wasn't the person who open the door, but my White American husband so you know. In fact, I drive him crazy for locking the door always at the house as I heard about all kinds of murder anywhere even in church. I could of reword it better, so some readers would not take it in a wrong way.

At Preguntas, you are right. English is my second language. I was thinking that this is not an English easy writing class, so I wrote the message like whatever comes out my mind. But my point is, I just want everybody's aware of what happened last Saturday morning. And I thought of sharing it here for everybody's safety. That is all. Sorry, not all but some people here are just plainly rude. Just be kind when you comment in public forum. As a CNA, my PHD patient always said, "it didn't cost you anything to be nice with other people. Perhaps, it gains friendship." which is true. Everybody can you read your message. And I feel embarrass.

I probably portrayed my post with a "headache to the viewers" as I had a real bad headache when I post the message. I didn't sleep well last Saturday night. I was thinking that they might come back, so I needed to stay awake. But I ended up having a bad headache the whole Sunday. I feel better now.

Last edited by missnursing; 08-17-2015 at 10:30 AM..

Old 08-17-2015, 09:31 AM

At USNReto4, Thanks for sharing here from your mother-in-law's experienced. I was puzzled the whole thing about the incident. My husband was just so tired and needed some rest. To be honest here, he gets grumpy when someone wakes him up early. He used to sleep until 10 A.M. on weekends. Since, he woke up 5:30 A.M. from Monday to Friday. That is why I just sleep on the other bedroom when I have to study, so I don't bother him.

Yes, you absolutely right. We should also call 911, so the police will find out and confiscate what's inside their car. I was thinking that nobody gets hurt, and my husband just went back to bed. They might just lost and couldn't find their friend's house. Aside from that, they could of use their phone GPS. They could have a details address direction with them to find their friend's house. So I just don't know what's behind it. I thought, I just share it with you all, so you all aware.

I apologized my English writing here. I am an Asian, and English is my second language. I'm suck at proper English grammar usage. I have a Math brain, and I just love numbers. English just don't work so well on me. The more I read the English grammar rules before, the more I get confused. But I am willing to learn now as I am residing in the States presently.

Last edited by missnursing; 08-17-2015 at 10:48 AM..

Old 08-17-2015, 11:58 AM

Unhappy A man buzzin' the door bell at 4 A.M in Chesnee, SC

Reworded post:
First of all I am an Asian. English is my second language. If it gets confusing my statements, I apologized. I tried my very best to explain in a better way now. It may not still clear in your end.

The incident happened Saturday night, dated 8/15/2015 around four o'clock in the morning. To make the story short, I slept in the spare bedroom next to the front porch to study around 3 A.M. I have a calculation exam on our first day of class. I didn't want to bother my husband from the light and alarm on. He gets grumpy when something wakes him up early. I understand coz he works Monday to Friday and got up early.

My phone alarmed at 3 A.M. I was tired and go back to sleep. I just turn on the light on the table. Exactly 4 o'clock in the morning, I heard the door bell ringing. I thought, I was dreaming of someone buzzin' the door bell. After 3 minutes, the bell rang again. I got up, woke up my husband, and asked him if he hears the bell ringing? He said Yes, he heard it. Though, he was not very happy about waking him up. I told him, it might be our neighbors Crystal or Larry being hurt and asking for help. He got up, and told me to get the gun just in case. I told him just glanced on the viewer glass on the side of the door to find out. Well, when he glanced at the side of the door, there was a man standing 3 meters from the front door. He opened the door about a crack, and the man said; Sir we were looking for Jason Edwards? My husband grumpily responded, don't you know it was 4 in the damn morning? He Slammed the door right away and lock the door guard and the two door locks in it. I had the gun and ran to living room. I asked him, who are they and what they want? He told me that a guy was looking for Jason Edwards. He shouldn't open the door in the first place. We never knew whats their motive. They might be out there early morning to harm people. But thanks God, we were safe.

Just a friendly advice, do not open the door on anyone we do not know. I am not tried to be mean but for safety purposes. We heard killing people everywhere even in church, school etc.

I was left puzzled on whats their motive. They might be one of the criminal who knows. We should of call the police, but we didn't.

When I glimpsed the window, they drove a white Mercedes Benz. So, watch out guys if this car pull over your driveway and buzz the door bell. Just be ready your gun, call 911, and do not open the door.

Last edited by missnursing; 08-17-2015 at 12:26 PM..

Old 08-17-2015, 12:11 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,658 times
Have no idea why people feel the need to answer a door. I have a storm door in addition to the interior door. Both locked. I know when someone should be at my door as I have invited them. Short of that you lose. Same with my phone as I monitor my calls and answer if I feel like it.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:34 PM

Yes, I agree with you. I fussed my husband for opening the door. My golly, we never know them guys. They might be a killer or what. Jeez....

Last edited by missnursing; 08-17-2015 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: wrong spelling

Old 08-17-2015, 04:22 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,337,250 times
Ha. You should try to read my Spanish and French........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: