U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 06:45 AM

1,765 posts, read 1,644,394 times

Advertisements

You mentioned schools, and school quality varies a lot in this area. Greenville County schools are all one district but the quality of the schools varies significantly.

One resource is the state school report cards:
Report Cards - South Carolina Department of Education

I find the format of the most recent year (2015) to be harder to follow. The format of the 2014 and older reports are a bit easier to follow. I'd suggest looking at high schools and working your way back. Some of the historically good high schools in Greenville County include: Wade Hampton, Eastside, Riverside, and Mauldin.

Another poster mentioned the Powdersville area, which also has excellent schools. Powdersville is in the NE corner of Anderson County and can be found under "Anderson01" on the school report cards.

We ended up in the Powdersville area when we moved here 5 years ago for a number of reasons, schools being one of them. We've been very happy with the school system for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,566 times
Hi! My family and I are also moving to Greenville in the very near future. I would like to know more about Tanner estates. Why is it that newer homes are so much more affordable than pre-exiting homes build in the 2000's. example, looking at Tanner and Kilgore farm. They off 4000 plus sq ft and are new, while river walk, stonegate, Spaulding and more offer less square footage and are much more! Is it the location? Thanks for any insight!

Old 01-23-2016, 07:38 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,528,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbaa View Post
Hi! My family and I are also moving to Greenville in the very near future. I would like to know more about Tanner estates. Why is it that newer homes are so much more affordable than pre-exiting homes build in the 2000's. example, looking at Tanner and Kilgore farm. They off 4000 plus sq ft and are new, while river walk, stonegate, Spaulding and more offer less square footage and are much more! Is it the location? Thanks for any insight!
Meritage is the builder in Tanner Estates and Kilgore Farms; they build huge homes for the money. Just do your research on any builder you decide to go with. If you decide to build, do at least two home inspections.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:54 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,133,155 times
A lot of homes in Greenville will have 3 bedrooms and 2 to 2.5 baths. If that 4th bedroom and 3rd bath is just a desire rather than a need, then you might get a lot more hits with your searches.

J.L. Mann is also one of the better GVL high schools and near your work.

There's a new neighborhood going up called Stafford Green, you might check that out. It's just north of the Verdae houses but still really close.

Good luck and welcome to Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or