Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 04:25 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
I remember the controversy when Hooters converted the old NationsBank branch into a "breastaurant". I remember the issue being on site consumption. Hooters ultimately prevailed and was allowed to open. Though I don't recall all the specifics.
Ah YES!!!!!!! That's what it was! I remember now! Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 06:11 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty1two3 View Post
The landlord put the rent up!
I heard that Shortfields out of Travelers Rest is taking over there. 'They are completely gutting the inside of P Simpsons. It will certainly have a different look. They told me they will have 16 different beers on tap.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
It appeared to be on "life support" the last 2 years. Tough location
Thanks, I really had no idea.. I loved the friendly neighborhood bar feel of P Simpsons and I hated seeing it go too. Hopefully this Shortfields thing will fill the void though..

Old 12-21-2015, 07:31 AM

826 posts, read 1,126,286 times
With regards to alcohol sales near churches. I believe that only applies to businesses selling/serving liquor. Off premises beer/wine is a separate license.

The DOR site makes no references to churches or schools for off premises beer/wine, but does note the restriction for retail liquor stores.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:03 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
With regards to alcohol sales near churches. I believe that only applies to businesses selling/serving liquor. Off premises beer/wine is a separate license.

The DOR site makes no references to churches or schools for off premises beer/wine, but does note the restriction for retail liquor stores.
I do believe between you and SCguy, you have answered my question. Both of you are correct, its off premises use, and the liquor I was thinking about. I knew there was something I had in the back of my head about alcohol sales near churches, but I couldnt remember, nor could I find what I was looking for on the net. Thanks to you both!!!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2015, 11:29 AM

143 posts, read 218,110 times
No, the church only purchased landcit is now using. Out parcels were sold separately. Churches are normally zoned C2 commercial.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:46 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Anybody heard anything about the proposed Jennings Station development in downtown Simpsonville across Main Street from the shopping center with the BBQ place?

Old 12-25-2015, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Anybody heard anything about the proposed Jennings Station development in downtown Simpsonville across Main Street from the shopping center with the BBQ place?
Selling land in downtown Simpsonville is not an easy task but seems to be improving. The Jennings Station plan was a concept plan to try to entice buyers to come in. No interest so far as I know now.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-28-2015, 07:57 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
The new building on Harrison Bridge near the new assisted living complex will be an Orthodontist.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The new building on Harrison Bridge near the new assisted living complex will be an Orthodontist.
Thank you.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:15 PM

55 posts, read 89,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandBroker48 View Post
I heard two interesting things this week. The corner of Harrison Bridge and Grandview is under contract. Planned development with mixed use of apartments and retail planned. Still got a long way to go before having a done deal but at least there is interest.
The last part of the Martin Family Farm is going commercial. This will be a 21 acre commercial development with a new Super Publix as the anchor. House will be moved, pond will remain. They are going to try and save the silo as a heritage point. Kudos for that.

Any idea when Publix will break ground?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area