U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,279 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to the best Baptist churches in Spartanburg. Friendly towards newcomers, and love God. Are there any we should avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 01:03 PM

19,406 posts, read 17,166,747 times
Spartanburg County appears to have four baptist ssociations in the South Carolina Baptist Convention:
In the City of Spartanburg, First Baptist Spartanburg (250 East Main Street, Spartanburg, South Carolina 29306-5128) is popular. It has a weekly televised service, Genesis, on WYCW-TV.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,279 times
Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to write. I was hoping someone had personal experience at a local church and could give us an idea of where to start. Does anyone here attend a Baptist church in Spartanburg?

Old 01-08-2016, 01:48 PM

181 posts, read 280,296 times
I am a member of First Baptist Spartanburg and have been for over 10 years. There is literally a little of everything for everybody, and there is no lack of assistance to help you find the right place, worship service, and small-group Sunday School (or Life Group as we call them). No matter your season of life, there will be something and someplace at FBS for you to fit in. If you have kids, they will have an awesome experience as well.

There are two services in the main sanctuary - at 9:00 am (the Celebration service with a blend of hymns and songs with orchestra, praise team and choir) and 10:30 am (the Classic service with choir, hymns, and organ), and two services in The Hangar at 9:00 and 10:30, which is a contemporary service with the Genesis Band in a more casual and relaxed atmosphere.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:54 PM

60 posts, read 60,012 times
Harvest Baptist Church at 9261 Asheville Hwy. is a small, but friendly Independent Baptist Church. Very good if you like the traditional hymns, King James Version of the Bible, etc.

Also, New Life Baptist Church, 131 Hidden Hill Road is another Independent Baptist church...very friendly folks there as well.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:34 AM

114 posts, read 151,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scitsme2 View Post
Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to write. I was hoping someone had personal experience at a local church and could give us an idea of where to start. Does anyone here attend a Baptist church in Spartanburg?
Try Anderson Mill Road Baptist Church, or commonly known as "Church at the Mill."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area