Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 03:44 PM

607 posts, read 1,402,745 times

Advertisements

243-8648. Good luck!

I will let everyone know how the end product turns out.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:04 AM

94 posts, read 377,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
243-8648. Good luck!

I will let everyone know how the end product turns out.
Please do! They are coming to our house tomorrow to quote a job for us.

Susan

Old 04-05-2008, 07:47 AM

***UPDATE***
Well, everyone, 2 Guys and a Hammer did the job for us and completed it Thursday. We are very pleased.
Very sturdy and attractive work done quickly and at at good price. We paid $13 a foot for a little over 300 feet of 6' tall privacy fencing as described in an above post by me. We got 3 gates at no extra charge, and they also cleared some brush, yard debris, and limbs out of a large part of the back yard. He will be back in 6 weeks after things have dried out to apply a sealant to the fence to keep it looking good (he does this as part of the package). Our total cost for all this was $4,280.00, and we could not be more pleased. It looks great!!!!
The owner, Jason, is very pleasant to work with and quite timely in his work. He and his crew are there when they say they will be there, and they do what they say they will do. Also, Jason guarantees his work for a year. IF any boards warp, etc. he will come back and fix it.
2 Guys and a Hammer is locally owned and I highly recommend them.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:17 AM

94 posts, read 377,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
***UPDATE***
Well, everyone, 2 Guys and a Hammer did the job for us and completed it Thursday. We are very pleased.
Very sturdy and attractive work done quickly and at at good price. We paid $13 a foot for a little over 300 feet of 6' tall privacy fencing as described in an above post by me. We got 3 gates at no extra charge, and they also cleared some brush, yard debris, and limbs out of a large part of the back yard. He will be back in 6 weeks after things have dried out to apply a sealant to the fence to keep it looking good (he does this as part of the package). Our total cost for all this was $4,280.00, and we could not be more pleased. It looks great!!!!
The owner, Jason, is very pleasant to work with and quite timely in his work. He and his crew are there when they say they will be there, and they do what they say they will do. Also, Jason guarantees his work for a year. IF any boards warp, etc. he will come back and fix it.
2 Guys and a Hammer is locally owned and I highly recommend them.
Kimmie, thanks so much for your update. We contacted Jason as well based on recommendations here and he will begin work on our fence Monday or Tuesday. We are going with a different fencing because we have a large yard, and we will report as well when the construction is completed. As you, we have part of our property that is not cleared and they will be clearing out to install the fence as part of their service. I was VERY pleased to know that (after the fact, by the way when we had already contracted for the fence and I was about to call someone to clear brush and small trees). Our fence is a combination of chain link and ornamental aluminum and we were very pleased with both the product and the pricing. I'll post and let everyone know our experience in a couple weeks!

Susan

Old 04-07-2008, 09:16 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,616 times
Do you know if the lumber is pressure treated? If it's not, it won't last very long. Did they say? Thanks!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:31 PM

250 posts, read 1,212,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jay_jones View Post
D.G Fences, Decks,& More... does very good work and is someone I recommend regularly. His name is David Gerisch 864-230-2613.... Always get more than one estimate.
Thanks! In the end, I ended up just replacing a couple of boards on my own and replacing all of the trim with a composite material base moulding trim that I got at Home Depot ($0.92/foot) that's weather-proof, yet works just like wood. Other than the materials, a mitre box/saw and a nail punch, I saved a lot by doing it myself!

Old 04-08-2008, 07:47 PM

Yes, the lumber is pressure treated yellow pine.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:57 PM

55 posts, read 280,400 times
Question 2 Guys & A Hammer

Hey, does anyone have a different phone # for this company? My husband tried them all day long today, starting at 8 am this morning & all he ever got was a busy signal, no voice mail or anything else. Help !?!?!?!?!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:49 PM

5 posts, read 19,825 times
A few posters mentioned/recommended American Fence and Triple A Fence. Could you post their numbers? We are calling around starting this week hoping to get a fair price on fencing 1/2 an acre. Thanks!

Old 04-25-2008, 12:38 AM

55 posts, read 280,400 times
Hey! After several estimates we have finally made a decision for our fence. We have decided on Cole's Fence Co., they were almost $2,000.00 less than 2 Guys & A Hammer, excellent references, 4 other homes on our street have already used them for the exact same type of fence, & had nothing but rave reviews for them. When you're already having to spend several thousand dollars for something like this, a savings of 2 grand is huge. Cole's price per foot for black chain link was $5.00/ft, 2 Guys & A Hammer - $10.00/ft, literally double the price!!! Yes, 2 Guys wasn't charging anything extra for the 3 gates, but they were still almost 2 grand higher on their estimate. The work that Cole's did on our street looked great, a couple have been in for over 4 years, & the owners had nothing but praise for the fence builder & the fence itself. Good enough for us, we'll let you know what we think after it's all installed!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area