Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 03:07 AM

39 posts, read 54,699 times

Advertisements

This is not our first time around the home buying process, but first time in Spartanburg and SC. Help me understand if this is standard or not.
We sent our offering to be written up via email as we are many states away. Great! get it done after lunch, was the response. Two days pass, I sent message asking where it was for us to review and sign? Call me I ask. Realtor starts telling me she is trying to reach Listing agent. WHY I ask, we have not even seen the written offer to review and sign and then submit. She claims can't reach that agent, I say isn't it listed with your office? She skirts around the topic with all kinds of strange reasons.

Here is what we are thinking. We know what seller owes plus commission and the tossed on fudge on top. Realtor made a comment on what "she" can get the house for which is what we already knew, owe plus commission. Sadly the home is not valued at that. Of course she knows the probable bottom line, as it is in her office. Our starting offer was lower than that for talking. We feel she does not want to submit this offer as it is below what she knows they can take and may offend her associate. Instead of just writing it and starting the ball rolling, It seems as if she does not want to write but talk first before wasting the paper??? Is that normal here in SC?

PS if this does not go through we are not staying with the Realtor. We have not signed anything yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 08:34 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,870,460 times
No this is not normal. However in this time of multiple offers she may be wanting to make sure the home is still available and check and see if there are other offers on the table before going to the trouble if writing the offer. I always call the listing agent first. And a buyer agency agreement is required in SC.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:01 AM

Thank you. That is my thought the "trouble" in writing an offer. Never thought it was a trouble before.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:57 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,870,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
Thank you. That is my thought the "trouble" in writing an offer. Never thought it was a trouble before.
Well there is a lot of paperwork involved and a lot of explaining of the paperwork if it is done properly, which can take a couple of hours. That's what I meant by "trouble".

Old 03-19-2016, 06:12 AM

807 posts, read 1,784,882 times
A buyer agency agreement is required if you become a client. Have the agent explain the difference in Agency Relationships. There is a brochure that could be emailed to you for that. Also use a REALTOR, a member of the National Association of REALTORS. They have a code of ethics to follow.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:53 AM

Thanks we had everything sent to us to sign, now maybe getting second thoughts or cold feet. Still the process is different than how it has been handled before, maybe just the Realtor more then the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area