Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 07:53 AM

321 posts, read 401,395 times

Advertisements

We stopped here on Saturday around 7pm and was told it would be a 2.5 hour wait without a reservation. Maybe some other time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 10:35 AM

635 posts, read 749,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russwd View Post
We stopped here on Saturday around 7pm and was told it would be a 2.5 hour wait without a reservation. Maybe some other time...
I mean, what did you expect?

Old 05-02-2016, 08:51 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,256,333 times
Quote:
Went Saturday with reservation, was seated almost immediately while others waited. Was glad I set one.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:19 PM

696 posts, read 1,329,181 times
I brought this review up with a co-worker who is from Brazil (I work in a highly multi-cultural manufacturing facility), and she just kind of looked at me and sighed, and said do they serve a bunch of meat with meat? I didn't know what to say. Is this typical of Brazilian fare? Color me non-worldly...

Old 05-03-2016, 06:59 AM

321 posts, read 401,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
I mean, what did you expect?
My statement was more of a warning not to bother going there without a reservation.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:35 AM

506 posts, read 1,216,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_96SC View Post
I brought this review up with a co-worker who is from Brazil (I work in a highly multi-cultural manufacturing facility), and she just kind of looked at me and sighed, and said do they serve a bunch of meat with meat? I didn't know what to say. Is this typical of Brazilian fare? Color me non-worldly...
My best friend is from Brazil and has already been to Tucanos and said it was good. The most important thing from his perspective is that they serve rice and black beans. He went to a Brazilian grill once that didn't have them and walked out and said "this isn't brazilian". The meat in brazil is heavily salted to the point that a lot of people think it tastes wrong here, but that's how it supposed to be. Obviously they don't really do meat skewer buffets in Brazil (that I'm aware of anyway) but the way the meat is cooked is definitely brazilian.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:26 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,842,420 times
And I found out from a friend who is vegetarian that you can just get the extensive salad bar there- didn't realize you could eat there without being a meat eater. (I eat very little myself). Go on facebook and download their app for points towards free food as well as a free meal in your birthday month.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:03 AM

635 posts, read 749,078 times
Quote:
My statement was more of a warning not to bother going there without a reservation.
That's kind of a given. i find it hilarious those people who sit for hours at Outback, PF Changs, etc when there's such a thing as calling ahead to make reservations in advance. I guess some like waiting for hours to be seated A little off topic but it does suck that Cheesecake Factory will not take reservations.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:26 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,316,943 times
outback and many chain restaurants don't take reservations. They have call ahead seating but you still end up waiting.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:39 PM

401 posts, read 374,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
That's kind of a given. i find it hilarious those people who sit for hours at Outback, PF Changs, etc when there's such a thing as calling ahead to make reservations in advance. I guess some like waiting for hours to be seated A little off topic but it does suck that Cheesecake Factory will not take reservations.

I agree but not everyone makes their dinner plans days or weeks ahead. Sometimes you just decide to go out on a whim, but you should expect to wait especially if it's a Friday or Saturday night. The wait times at Cheesecake Factory are going to be ridiculous. Even at established locations in markets that have had CCF for years, the wait is horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area