Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 02:20 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
They, allegedly, still covet the Hwy 14 and Woodruff Rd site. It's going to be interesting to watch the Lowes Foods launch.
I have not heard more from Harris Teeter beyond its two announced Greenville stores. I would expect it to be active as its Lewis Plaza store goes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Some Work on the site has begun and they have posted the clearly grocery store signs up on a board. Grocery store + gas stations + strip mall. It also appears they may be readying the intersection for the traffic circle

Old 10-26-2016, 12:46 PM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Some Work on the site has begun and they have posted the clearly grocery store signs up on a board. Grocery store + gas stations + strip mall. It also appears they may be readying the intersection for the traffic circle
A traffic circle would be welcomed there.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:44 PM

Living on Lee Vaughn I am not sure I will ever be able to get out onto it during rush hours

Old 10-27-2016, 08:31 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
It also appears they may be readying the intersection for the traffic circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
A traffic circle would be welcomed there.
If the South Carolina Department of Transportation wants to spend money into a band-aid traffic circle until South Carolina Highway 146 is widened to South Carolina Highway 101 in Spartanburg County and Lee Vaughn Road widened to Simpsonville in several years, more power to it.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:54 AM

I am not sure why they want to widen 146 to 101 instead of 417 to 101. What is the logic? 101 is already more road down there than is necessary.

417 provides an alternate route to Spartanburg and is heavily traveled by folks going from this side of town to I85, and we already have more than enough 4 lane access to Woodruff. {though widening Cross Anchor Road would give them good access to I26

I really think widening the intersection at Lee Vaughn AND traffic lights make more sense at Lee Vaughn and Woodruff than a traffic circle and that the funky [and confusing to the uninitiated] interchange just across the county line would be ideal for a traffic circle as you could take in multiple roads...but that is just an opinion. I really think the rush hour traffic going down 146 there, and the increased traffic cause by a grocery store, calls for lights on timers.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:19 AM

825 posts, read 1,124,932 times
Quote:
Living on Lee Vaughn I am not sure I will ever be able to get out onto it during rush hours
I think you might be pleasantly surprised after its built. Traffic on Woodruff will have to slow down quite a bit to enter the circle, and you will only need a clearing from the left, as the traffic coming from the right will have to yield to you once you are in the circle. Generally a single lane traffic circle works pretty well when put in place of a 4 way stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
If the South Carolina Department of Transportation wants to spend money into a band-aid traffic circle until South Carolina Highway 146 is widened to South Carolina Highway 101 in Spartanburg County and Lee Vaughn Road widened to Simpsonville in several years, more power to it.
I don't think SC146 will be widened anytime soon, like not within the next 10 years, so I would hardly say its a band aid solution. At best they may put left turn lanes and possibly traffic lights in at some key intersections that lack them right now, but a full scale widening to 4 or 5 lanes wide I just don't see that happening with how poorly SC roads are funded in general.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:42 AM

They sure are doing something. Barrels everywhere at the intersection, down Lee Vaughn and at the funky 146/417 split in Spartanburg County

Old 10-28-2016, 08:26 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
They sure are doing something. Barrels everywhere at the intersection, down Lee Vaughn and at the funky 146/417 split in Spartanburg County
It looked like they were running fiber optics through there a few weeks ago.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:28 AM

470 posts, read 595,207 times
These are the site plans with a traffic circle:
https://www.greenvillecounty.org/gcp...c_siteplan.pdf

This is the store elevation. Notice the file name: Lowes263
https://www.greenvillecounty.org/gcp..._mainstore.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area