U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 12:21 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,000,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I knew we didn't have a Hard Rock, but I'm surprised that none of the other stores that you listed aren't here.
Nike and RL outlets in Gaffney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 01:55 AM

2,676 posts, read 2,980,152 times
I would like to see a Roy Rogers and a Big Boy. Roy Rogers is now seeking franchisees for the Carolinas and the Mid Atlantic region. They are famous for a premium roast beef sandwich that is better than Arby's, as well as good burgers and famous fried chicken. Plus a free fixins bar to top your sandwich. Recent expansions in Virginia, Maryland, and New Jersey have been a huge success. And Shoney's is very much missed, but I would rather see the original Big Boy franchise, with the famous burger and statue out front, as well as the breakfast bar and the hot fudge cake.

My other choice is Popeyes, but they are finally entering the Upstate with new locations in Gaffney and Boiling Springs. Hopefully Greer and Easley may be next. And the Golden Chick locations could easily be converted to Popeyes, although I did not know the Pelham Rd. store may be closing as well

Old 07-31-2016, 05:48 AM

13,112 posts, read 11,419,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillymiller123 View Post
Lizard's Thicket (restaurant), Restoration Hardware, Topgolf, Lucky Strike, Nordstrom, L.L.Bean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
There's a Lizards Thicket on Augusta Rd.
Lizard's Thicket will disagree with you on being on Augusta Road. It has not had a location in Greenville since its location at 1310 North Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-1227, in the former Shoney's, which was razed years ago. Would you be inferring to the location at 4616 Augusta Road, Lexington, South Carolina 29073-9196?

Old 07-31-2016, 08:38 AM

1,590 posts, read 3,021,671 times
West Elm - coming to Greensboro (it's also located in Birmingham, Charleston - Asheville has an outlet) - I expect WE to come to G'ville in the next several years

Container Store - Little Rock has a location - CS is located in very large Southeast cities - Raleigh, Charlotte, Nashville, Atlanta (multiple locations) - not sure about CS coming here anytime soon

IKEA - coming to Memphis of all places (not Nashville) - I've been to the Charlotte location - I don't expect to see an Upstate SC location in the next decade or two

Crate & Barrel - located in Richmond, VA - but only located in other very large SE cities - Atlanta (multiple locations), Charlotte, Raleigh metro - not located in Nashville

Patagonia/North Face - Birmingham has a North Face location - Patagonia is only located in extremely large cities - in fact, Atlanta is the only SE city that has a location

Top Golf has confirmed it's scouting sites for a Birmingham location (I expect an Upstate SC location in the next several years)

The grocery store scene is extremely competitive in the Upstate - I don't expect a Super Target here - I've been to an old location in Birmingham - it's great and a big step above Super Wal-Mart - I do expect Sprouts to announce an Upstate SC location in the next several years

McCormick and Schmick's - has undergone significant reorganization since being (mostly) acquired by Landry's - M&S has closed multiple locations - Birmingham had a location at one time (closed in 2012)

Greenville could support a Village Tavern location - one of the few great chain restaurants

I expect a Newk's location at anytime in Greenville - there is a big hole of Newk's locations in Upstate SC/Western NC compared to the rest of the SE

If Simon would build an upscale out-parcel next to/near Haywood, it would attract many of the above national retailers

(when I mention "Southeast" above, I'm excluding the state of Florida)

Last edited by drfranklin; 07-31-2016 at 08:52 AM..

Old 07-31-2016, 08:51 AM

13,112 posts, read 11,419,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Patagonia/North Face - Birmingham has a North Face location - Patagonia is only located in extremely large cities - in fact, Atlanta is the only SE city that has a location
The North Face has entered South Carolina with an outlet store in Myrtle Beach. An actual store in Greenville would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin
Top Golf has confirmed it's scouting sites for a Birmingham location
"Topgolf considering Greenville, South Carolina, location"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin
The grocery store scene is extremely competitive in the Upstate - I don't expect a Super Target in the Upstate - I've been to an old location in Birmingham - it's great and a big step above Super Wal-Mart
I think the grocery bubble will burst soon. There are many participants in various segments competing for grocery dollars. Weaker, inferior participants could falter.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:30 AM

364 posts, read 291,974 times
ATLfan already has all of this more than adequately covered. I vote that he be allowed to play on this thread too. He's the Man!!

Old 07-31-2016, 01:18 PM

27 posts, read 9,320 times
I'd like to second the need for a Super Target (they have a great selection of gluten free convenience foods) and along that vein would do terrible things to see a Wegman's open up...

Old 07-31-2016, 02:24 PM

10,575 posts, read 22,562,317 times
One thing I can say is that Greenville has a decent selection of stores and restaurants. My issue is that depending on where you live, you may have to travel to the other side of town to get to them. I maybe spoiled, coming from FL, but I like convenience. I think more locations should be available. Let's take Greer for instance. If you want to go to Ross Dress for Less, you either have to drive to Cherrydale or Woodruff Rd. Same goes for a movie theater. If you live in Travelers Rest and want to go to Aldi, you have to go to Taylors. It was great that they opened Aldi in Greer but what about TR or Simpsonville. We only have one Sam's Club and it's off Woodruff Rd. These are just a few examples. I just like the convenience of being able to drive to certain stores or restaurants within 10 minutes or less. I know that I could move to Woodruff Rd but that's not neccesarily what I would do. Taylors could definitely use more retail. Greenville is starting to get better in offering more locations and I think they should continue because many would benefit from it. I know some of you won't agree but it's just my opinion.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:36 PM

617 posts, read 697,833 times
The mention of Maggiano's reminds me of Travinia Italian Kitchen. The one that was on Woodruff Road a few years back was terrible and deserved to close, but the ones in the Columbia-Lexington area are excellent. I would love to see a new Travinia here someday. I also wouldn't mind seeing a concept like Truffles Cafe in Buffton/HHI come to Greenville.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:22 PM

86 posts, read 41,880 times
The grocery store scene is extremely competitive in the Upstate - I don't expect a Super Target here - I've been to an old location in Birmingham - it's great and a big step above Super Wal-Mart - I do expect Sprouts to announce an Upstate SC location in the next several years

I get what you are saying about the grocery store bubble, but with Super Target, it is about a lot more than the expanded groceries. EVERY department is larger. I used to shop at one a lot in FL, but never really got any groceries. Tthe overall selection was just far better than the average Target. . I wish that Berea wasn't such a "MEH" area. I think that would be the perfect spot for a Super Target. It could be the local Target for TR, Easley, Powdersville and western Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area