U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 07:32 PM

13,547 posts, read 11,660,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Couldn't agree more. Wade Hampton has to be the most under served road in the entire state based on their daily vehicle count. We need a Ross, Marshall, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, movie theater, Chipotle, etc. but I don't want to derail the thread, just agreeing with you.
I am surprised these retailers, restaurants, and entertainment options are not between Taylors and Greer yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 07:34 PM

10,590 posts, read 22,691,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman39 View Post
I definitely agree with you on a lot of points. I live in Dunean, which is just south of downtown Greenville, near GMH. Even though I can easily jump on 85 from there and head to Woodruff, I find myself heading down 123 to Easley a lot for places like Sams, Academy Sports, Marshalls, Kohls, and a few other things, just to avoid Woodruff.

I also moved here recently from FL, so I know what you are saying about wanting to be close to things. There was definitely a convenience factor there that isn't as obvious here, despite actually having most of the same things.
It would really be nice if that would happen. Like you mentioned, you have to go all the way to Easley which I know is a PIA. It's just nice to know, when you come home from work, you can go 5 minutes down the road and get all of your shopping done It's also a plus to know there are restaurants and entertainment near. I am all for the concept of town centers. Being you lived in FL, you know what I am talking about

Old 07-31-2016, 07:40 PM

10,590 posts, read 22,691,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I am surprised these retailers, restaurants, and entertainment options are not between Taylors and Greer yet.
Me too! They better get a move on

Old 07-31-2016, 07:48 PM

4,467 posts, read 4,389,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
It depends what is considered a metropolitan statistical area. Is the Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, South Carolina Metropolitan Statistical Area really larger than the aforementioned areas?
Not sure what you're asking, sorry. It's an official list from the Office of Management and Budget. They list the top 100 MSA's, ours is Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson. If you look at the link and each city, to the third column it lists all of the cities/suburbs that make up an MSA. We are 45th in the nation, much larger than many people realize.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:31 PM

Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson is not a metropolitan statistical area, but it is listed as a combined statistical area. Combined, metropolitan, and micropolitan statistical areas do not mean much.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Me too! They better get a move on
Some of those retailers have had 15 years to move forward.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:31 AM

922 posts, read 1,459,949 times
[quote=Carolina Knight;44968646]Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson is not a metropolitan statistical area, but it is listed as a combined statistical area. Combined, metropolitan, and micropolitan statistical areas do not mean much.[/QUOTE
G-S-A is a metro statistical area. There are 10 counties that make up the combined statistical area. The two are different.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:00 AM

5,043 posts, read 6,832,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Would you be shocked to learn that the Greeenville MSA is actually larger than Birmingham, Memphis, Knoxville, OKC and Richmond MSA's, just to name a few? People just don't realize how big our area has become.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
You're wrong. Greenville is smaller than all of those, except Richmond, and that's just barely. (Greenville is 63 and Richmond is 64)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tistical_Areas

If there were a Wegman's and/or a Sprouts here, I'd stop going to our Whole Foods. When I travel around, I like to check out the local Whole Foods and we have the worst one that I have ever been to. Less selection, highest pricing (compared to local competition), lower quality...

Old 08-01-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
G-S-A is a metro statistical area. There are 10 counties that make up the combined statistical area. The two are different.
The Office of Management and Budget, which defines statistical areas, disagrees with you:
  • Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, South Carolina Metropolitan Statistical Area (Greenville, Anderson, Pickens, and Laurens counties)
  • Spartanburg, South Carolina Metropolitan Statistical Area (Spartanburg and Union counties)
  • Greenwood, South Carolina Micropolitan Statistical Area (Greenwood and Abbeville counties)
  • Seneca, South Carolina Micropolitan Statistical Area (Oconee County)
  • Gaffney, South Carolina Micropolitan Statistical Area (Cherokee County)

Old 08-01-2016, 08:16 AM

173 posts, read 167,227 times
Bob Evans and smash burger. We need one of each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area