Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 02:59 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,872,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman39 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I grew up in a small town in PA. Much smaller population base than Greenville area. After the fall of the USSR a list of prime targets of the Soviets came to light. One of those at the top of the list was my tiny home town. The reason? There was a nuclear plant nearby. Much like Oconee being nearby to here.
^^ This. And SNR as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 03:37 PM

825 posts, read 1,124,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They're fallout shelters.. They're for protection against fallout.. not the blast itself.

Around here, there are three locations that could be targets that I can think of.. Yes, the oconee station, but also GSP and Donaldson Center. Runways where a bomber could land and takeoff would be targets. We know that GSP could handle it, but many people forget that Donaldson is still an active runway and I'm pretty sure long enough to handle the bombers.
Donaldson can definitely handle bombers and other military aircraft. Lockheed Martin does maintenance work for the military out of there already, mainly cargo planes I believe. There is also some army reserve activities out of there as well.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:16 AM

401 posts, read 378,724 times
All I want to know is will the Russians finally bring a Popeye's Chicken to Greenville.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:40 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Trump and Putin are bropals. Russia would never try it.
Actually Hillary said the she was in Putin's "inner circle". So there is nothing to worry about anymore.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:02 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
With all this talk of russia prepping for war, does anyone know where the nearest bunkers are? I know theyre around or if you prefer not to talk about the location publicy please send me a message . thanks
Since nuclear war is imminent, don't wait to protect yourself and your dear family!

Just send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and a bank check for $500 and I will send you a list of "Dr. Prepper"(tm) fallout shelters that are still accepting applications. Spaces are filling up fast, so don't delay!

Old 10-19-2016, 01:27 PM

730 posts, read 774,727 times
Add radio active fallout from; ATL airport, Robbins AFB, and Ft Benning to the list.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:29 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Trump and Putin are bropals. Russia would never try it.
no evidence they are pals.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:28 AM

690 posts, read 1,145,792 times
Um, why hasn't anyone talked about the ELEPHANT in the room.

What do we do about the ZOMBIES and MUTANTS?!?!?!

Old 10-25-2016, 10:01 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Um, why hasn't anyone talked about the ELEPHANT in the room.

What do we do about the ZOMBIES and MUTANTS?!?!?!
I've got a machete.

Don't you know when someone gets zombiefied their bones turn to mush and all it takes is a pointy stick to dispatch them?

Old 10-25-2016, 12:22 PM

8 posts, read 11,388 times
Not useful now, but the old Greenville Memorial Auditorium was a fallout shelter. After high school I worked for an HVAC company that had a service contract there. We worked on a lot of old air handlers and equipment and stuff, trying to keep it all running. In the basement equipment rooms and lower levels, there were "fallout shelter" signs everywhere. I remember thinking how quiet and kinda eerie it was down there and how thick and massive those walls must be, it was always cold down there. Then on a cool Saturday morning in '97, I stood in the intersection of Church and Coffee street I believe, and watched that place fall like a house of cards. Inside I was a little disappointed that they were able to bring it down, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area