Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 07:30 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,290,476 times

Advertisements

It is particularly frustrating for the Upstate that the ACC has a tie-in deal for football games with ABC. If you are a Clemson fans, there are likely to be a few games each year that televise on ABC, which is very difficult to receive via antenna in much of the area.

We were finally able to receive the channel with a fairly expensive antenna placed at the very peak of the roof inside the attic, with the antenna aimed in a very specific direction. If they aren't going to serve the market with reasonable reception, I wish someone else would take over the ABC license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 08:16 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
It is particularly frustrating for the Upstate that the ACC has a tie-in deal for football games with ABC. If you are a Clemson fans, there are likely to be a few games each year that televise on ABC, which is very difficult to receive via antenna in much of the area.

We were finally able to receive the channel with a fairly expensive antenna placed at the very peak of the roof inside the attic, with the antenna aimed in a very specific direction. If they aren't going to serve the market with reasonable reception, I wish someone else would take over the ABC license.
Write ABC & complain. Affiliated stations sign a contract to serve the residents of their market.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:23 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post

The ACC games televised by Raycom are carried on WLOS and WBTV, with secondary games sometimes moved to WMYA or WJZY/WMYT. The ABC/ESPN televised games are on WLOS or WSOC. So 13 reception can at times be challenging for sports broadcasts.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:42 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,840,428 times
Unable to get CBS or ABC at my house in Easley. purchased a ClearStream 2v, a Winegard preamp, and an Hd HomeRun Connect Duo to stream channels to all my devices. Wish me luck! lol. I'm at the top of a hill and i'm going to mount in my attic, I think I should be able to pickup a good bit more than what I get now, we shall see....

Old 11-07-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Unable to get CBS or ABC at my house in Easley. purchased a ClearStream 2v, a Winegard preamp, and an Hd HomeRun Connect Duo to stream channels to all my devices. Wish me luck! lol. I'm at the top of a hill and i'm going to mount in my attic, I think I should be able to pickup a good bit more than what I get now, we shall see....
The Clearstream 2V is a good double loop UHF antenna but only has a single dipole for VHF. If VHF reception for channels 7 and 13 is problematic, then you may need a stronger gain High VHF antenna. You could consider Winegard 7694 combo antenna for both UHF and High VHF, or a separate dedicated High VHF antenna such as Stellar Labs 30-2475 antenna. Combine the UHF antenna with the VHF antenna before the preamp using a special UHF/VHF signal joiner, (UVSJ), sold by Radioshack online or Antennas Direct.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:26 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,840,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
The Clearstream 2V is a good double loop UHF antenna but only has a single dipole for VHF. If VHF reception for channels 7 and 13 is problematic, then you may need a stronger gain High VHF antenna. You could consider Winegard 7694 combo antenna for both UHF and High VHF, or a separate dedicated High VHF antenna such as Stellar Labs 30-2475 antenna. Combine the UHF antenna with the VHF antenna before the preamp using a special UHF/VHF signal joiner, (UVSJ), sold by Radioshack online or Antennas Direct.
I can almost get cbs from my living room by holding the weak rca antenna up above my tv, so i'm hoping being in the attic will make that bit of difference that I need, not to mention the bigger antenna and preamp. 13 I know I may or may not get, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Old 01-06-2020, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 794 times
well it 2020 and still no channel 13.1 ABC . and no option in Easley S.C for ABC over the air

Old 01-06-2020, 05:58 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,645,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsdan2002 View Post
well it 2020 and still no channel 13.1 ABC . and no option in Easley S.C for ABC over the air
We were getting a poor, but usable, signal, up until mid November. Then it went, and that was it. Fortunately, we can pick up some of the programs on our roku.

Old 01-07-2020, 09:18 PM

723 posts, read 1,149,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsdan2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
We were getting a poor, but usable, signal, up until mid November. Then it went, and that was it. Fortunately, we can pick up some of the programs on our roku.
And here I thought I was the only one. I've also gone to Roku, since I'd never gotten around to cancelling Spectrum.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
The ACC games televised by Raycom are carried on WLOS and WBTV, with secondary games sometimes moved to WMYA or WJZY/WMYT. The ABC/ESPN televised games are on WLOS or WSOC. So 13 reception can at times be challenging for sports broadcasts.
The former Raycom/ACC Network carried by WBTV and WLOS has now become a pay TV option only and is now produced by ESPN. End of an era of free over the air ACC telecasts originally produced by Jefferson-Pilot and carried by WBTV and other stations across the Carolinas, Georgia, and Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area