Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 09:22 AM

477 posts, read 840,541 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I sent this as PNs to a couple of real estate agents but I was hoping that someone might have additional advice for me. Our house was completely destroyed during the recent tornado in Simpsonville. The insurance adjuster has confirmed that the damage is so bad that the house will have to be torn down so we can have a new house built. We are now in the process of finding a contractor or a company that would be able to handle a job like that. Would you be able to recommend contractors or builders in the Simpsonville are that can handle such a job and have a good reputation? Thank you for your help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 09:29 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,069,703 times
I don't have a contractor for you but I would suggest going to your better building supply stores, asking for the manager and asking him if he can recommend a few contractors. Those will be people who pay their bills and are respected. Then go look at their current projects and ask to talk to a few customers who are living in finished homes he built recently.

I had a house destroyed by tornado in Johns Island, SC last September and rebuilt. Make sure to get permits for everything. Anyone wants to do work, tell them, get the permit. That allows the city to make sure they are licensed and insured. You will likely need a permit to demo the house even though it's destroyed and one to haul it away. I got it waived by taking a picture to them but definitely make sure so you don't get fined.

I did a cost plus contract paying him 13% on top of all costs. We agreed on allowances (you will need to know what is reasonable) and then saved money by controlling them. I have it all on spreadsheet if you want it, just PM me. Ours cost about $135 per sq foot to finish.

Good luck and take care of your health. It's a bit of stress !

Old 12-22-2016, 07:28 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Toto, I have recommended Paul Rochester from Priority Contracting here to several forum members and they have all had positive reviews. Paul is a real good and honest person. He helped finish my basement in Crossgate.

Paul has built a lot of homes.

864-905-8207. pnr257@charter.net

Old 12-22-2016, 11:33 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
I can PM you the builder that I am using. I have been pleased with them so far. Their prices are very reasonable as well. They are willing to work with you in anyway and very responsive.

Sorry you had to go through this but glad everyone is safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: