Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 10:01 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I like to find restaurants in Simpsonville that are not of the quick service variety.
For example??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 10:01 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
I would not mind finding a steakhouse along the line of The Peddler or Steak & Ale. Does Simpsonville have a similar steakhouse?

Old 01-15-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I would not mind finding a steakhouse along the line of The Peddler or Steak & Ale. Does Simpsonville have a similar steakhouse?
Well, Arizona as was mentioned is the only steakhouse in Simpsonville.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
For example??
Examples: Fatz Cafe, Fuddrucker's, Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse, Wild Ace Pizza & Pub

Old 01-15-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Nope.
That is sad.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Examples: Fatz Cafe, Fuddrucker's, Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse, Wild Ace Pizza & Pub
Fuddruckers would do well, but they have gone downhill as far as little things like buns. They aren't as good as they use to be, and I refuse to believe they are using the same size meat patty as they use to. I'm sure its a money saving deal. Fatz might do OK, but theres already OCharleys, Applebees, and Ruby Tuesdays. Of those I do prefer Fatz. Texas Roadhouse is one Ive heard as coming to Martins. Pizza places seem to do OK, but, IMO pizza is pizza.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:12 AM

Texas Roadhouse is usually popular, busy, and crowded. It should be opening additional locations.

I would not mind more pizza restaurants. Simpsonville has enough, or too many, pizza delivery/carryout chains.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Texas Roadhouse is usually popular, busy, and crowded. It should be opening additional locations.

I would not mind more pizza restaurants. Simpsonville has enough, or too many, pizza delivery/carryout chains.
Theres an app that cuts wait time down. I thinks its NoWait. We use it every time we go to Texas Roadhouse. We go to the one in Spartanburg mostly, and we use the app to get on the list. Usually get "in line" when we leave the house, and don't have to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes.

Franks House of Pizza is a sit down style pizza restaurant located in Fountain Inn. They other things as well.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:12 PM

453 posts, read 646,995 times
Quote:
I genuinely can't relate to the idea that Simpsonville is lacking in non-national-chain pizza.

Just on the Fairview/downtown side, there are Frank & Co. Pizza Cafe, Anthony's Pizzeria, Mario's Pizza, Full House Sportzaria, Bertolo’s Pizza, and Milano's. That's not including the chains (Bellacino's, Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Hungry Howie's).

Quote:
I like to find restaurants in Simpsonville that are not of the quick service variety.
...but you don't consider Fuddrucker's to be quick service? I mean, I do like Fuddrucker's quite a bit, but I'm not sure how it'd be considered anything but quick service.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying that Simpsonville offers wall-to-wall world class cuisine or anything, and I frequently have to go to Mauldin, Fountain Inn, or Greenville to get stuff I want, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as all that. All other things equal, I'd also rather see more local flavor than chains. I love that we have places like Mad Cuban and Mary's Lunchbox.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 01-15-2017 at 02:34 PM..

Old 01-15-2017, 03:12 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Simpsonville needs restaurants. Red Lobster was a possibility several years ago prior to being spun off from Darden.

As for a steakhouse, I would not mind seeing Golden Corral fill that need. The demise of Ryan's has created an opportunity to fill a void.
I am still lamenting the demise of Ryan's. A once very popular locally based national chain. But Golden Corral could indeed fill that void in the steakhouse buffet category.

Also sad to see Shoney's shut down. I would like to see the old Shoney's return back like when it was Big Boy. The Frisch's Big Boy is doing very well in Kentucky and Ohio, and has recently revitalized under new ownership after the founding family sold out last year. They are looking to expand into Tennessee. And there is still the national Big Boy chain out of Michigan which also operates Bob's Big Boy in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area