Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 06:30 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,548,608 times

Advertisements

There are most certainly Republican plans in place to gut social security and voucherize insurance for current and pending medicare recipients. The ACA had a lot of problems, in large part due to resistance by the states who would not expand medicaid.

That said, while I don't like the idea of forcing people to pay for insurance I also don't like the idea of the uninsured having to wait until they are deathly ill, going to hospitals at great expense (when cheaper preventive care would be more cost effective) and then footing the bill for them through higher premiums because they either dont pay or declare bankruptcy.

The single payer medicare for all approach would have spread out those costs to all fairly. Honestly both sides (Dems and Republicans) are beholdin to their corporate sponsors and not the American People and that is the problem. Sanders pointed it out and will be the one fighting those battles for us even now. I am open to creative healthcare solutions but being 4 years away from medicare, being told that I now have to go into a high risk pool after paying into the system since 1973, being told that the 401(k) and HSA I build up over the years may be drained dry due to medical expenses because annual and lifetime caps were removed (removal of those caps was per the ACA so that medical bills would not bankrupt anyone) yep I am going to fight like SOB for quality healthcare for all.

ONE medical experience this year came with a $320K bill. This is after years of relatively low bills, barely meeting the deductible if that. You never know when you will be hit with something like that. Without the limits set by the ACA on max out of pocket expenses we would have taken a major hit and not the relatively minor $6850 my husband had to spend for those medical bills. You just don't know until you get hit with a big bill...his was a total of 4 days in hospital, surgery, no emergency, no ambulance, no ER. $320,000. Get it?

Old 01-17-2017, 07:58 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,314,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouje2 View Post
Trump is now targeting BMW. Tribalism at its finest. The upstate was deep red, all of it, yet you have a lot of international production going on up there. I guess the business community up there needs to do a better job educating that trade is good for SC. The good ol boys probably don't care though. They love Trump come hell or high water!
South Carolina is mostly red. Most southern states are. I'm not sure this is the place for political talk though. It won't end well. They have political forums on here.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:54 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,162 times
Since a lot of you aren't really interested in the local aspect but apparently feel the need to fight the good old political fight, I'll say this before I close the thread: this is not the politics forum.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area