Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 08:38 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times

Advertisements

I do not recall ever having to swerve off a road to miss a pothole and I rarely have to sit through a light more than one cycle. Apparently you think that I have an obligation to confirm your claimed experiences even if I have not had them. A person had claimed that he was swerving off Roper Mountain Road to avoid a pothole and he was forced to ride on the narrow shoulder of the road. I rode up and down Roper Mountain the next day and I never saw this pothole.

I have specifically stated portions of roads in Greenville that needed to be paved in past, such as the right lane of 85-N as it approaches Woodruff. If I had an agenda of covering up road issues in Greenville, it doesn't make sense that I would point this out.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm sharing my experiences with people who don't live in Greenville. I am not interested in debating you on it. I have no problem with any person reading this thread choosing to believe you are right and I am wrong. I'll be fine either way.

My view is that most of the traffic congestion in Greenville is during rush hour and on Saturday on Woodruff, which is an easy road to avoid if you aren't shopping. I think for a majority of people currently living in other cities, traffic in Greenville would be reasonable for them and perhaps much better than what they currently encounter.

This is no doubt more evidence that I'm a secret mole for the city of Greenville or the SC DOT, but I think the new 85-385 interstate interchange is going to relieve a lot of the current rush hour traffic congestion. It is a great design in my view.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 05-08-2017 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 09:24 AM

308 posts, read 269,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I have specifically stated portions of roads in Greenville that needed to be paved in past, such as the right lane of 85-N as it approaches Woodruff. If I had an agenda of covering up road issues in Greenville, it doesn't make sense that I would point this out.
Did you call SCDOT to get it fixed as you suggested I do or did you come here and complain as you suggested that I not do?

Old 05-08-2017, 10:05 AM

My comment was made after the DOT had started work on the 85-385 project which includes resurfacing of 85. There was no need to report it. I believe that they milled down that surface and the paving should occur in next few months. It was interesting that the right lane had different wear pattern than the other two lanes which needed to be paved but were still level surfaces. I meant to ask a civil engineer about what caused that.

I also didn't start a thread about it and I didn't think it was a big deal, just something that needed to be fixed. I don't expect everything to be perfect all the time. I'd be setting up myself for constant disappointment.

I did report the sign for 153 being down on the DOT website after somebody mentioned it on here. I believe that they have it back up now.

I would be looking to move away if I thought the roads were terrible and I was always stuck in gridlock at intersections.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 05-08-2017 at 10:21 AM..

Old 05-08-2017, 10:27 AM

308 posts, read 269,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
My comment was made after the DOT has started work on the 85-385 project which includes resurfacing of 85. There was no need to report it. I believe that they milled down that surface and the paving should occur in next few months. It was interesting that the right lane had different wear pattern than the other two lanes which needed to be paved but were still level surfaces. I meant to ask a civil engineer about what caused that.

I also didn't start a thread about it and I didn't think it was a big deal, just something that needed to be fixed. I don't expect everything to be perfect all the time. I'd be setting up myself for constant disappointment.

I did report the sign for 153 being down on the DOT website after somebody mentioned it on here. I believe that they have it back up now.

I would be looking to move away if I thought the roads were terrible and I was always stuck in gridlock at intersections.
So it's a big deal to come and pose a question to a message board? I'm still trying to figure out what color the sky is in your world. The roads here are terrible but only one factor in the quality of life. Do you wish that anyone who didn't view every single aspect of life in the upstate as rosy work to make it better or simply pick up and leave?

Old 05-08-2017, 10:30 AM

I never told you that you need to move away. I said that I would if I didn't like the roads or traffic here. I'm currently in Atlanta and I could never live here due to the traffic.

You seem to get upset that I don't have your negative views on the roads here or that I am a relatively positive person.

My comments on this topic were not directed at you and I'm not obligated to validate your opinions on anything. You act like nobody can disagree with you. I think the traffic in Greenville is a pro for many people living here.

As I said previously, I'm not trying to talk you out of your opinion. I only shared my experience and view on the roads and traffic in Greenville and these comments were not intended for you. I would have no problem with your thread being pinned to the top of the forum permanently.

Anyway, moving on. I will not post on any topic that you start in the future.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 05-08-2017 at 10:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area