Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 12:21 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,640,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
No winn dixie, and yes ingles is spelled wrong. Its just an adapted version of the old site plan. looks like they didn't really proofread it there is no longer a sears in easley either.
I didn't know there used to be a Sears in Easley!

Not really surprised I guess though. I think the "town and country" shopping plaza should be renovated and have additional trees planted. They could also add a couple restaurants in the parking lot as out parcels. I'd like that to become a nice little town center itself. Right now it's just okay and I wouldn't really shop there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 02:15 PM

356 posts, read 674,629 times
I just noticed on this site plan on the far right there is a note that states "road to be rerouted as part of proposed SC 153 in 2014", so I guess if this is making it in the site plan things are being promised and the road extension is a go then.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scme5 View Post
I just noticed on this site plan on the far right there is a note that states "road to be rerouted as part of proposed SC 153 in 2014", so I guess if this is making it in the site plan things are being promised and the road extension is a go then.
Yep.

S.C. 153 highway meeting allows public views » Anderson Independent Mail

"The scope of the project would be to connect S.C. 153 from its existing terminus at U.S. 123 to a point on Saluda Dam Road (S-36) between Olive Street (S-221) and Prince Perry Road (S-135)."

I believe it is supposed to go past Saluda Dam Road eventually as well.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:36 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,016,248 times
Quote:
nice updated site plan! Where is the Long Horn going I didn't notice any out parcel areas for a restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I believe it's slated for outparcel 6. Bids haven't gone out for it yet though.
One down, two to go; Longhorn Steakhouse arriving in Easley should bring in the Lobster and the Garden to complete the Darden trifecta.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Yep.

S.C. 153 highway meeting allows public views » Anderson Independent Mail

"The scope of the project would be to connect S.C. 153 from its existing terminus at U.S. 123 to a point on Saluda Dam Road (S-36) between Olive Street (S-221) and Prince Perry Road (S-135)."

I believe it is supposed to go past Saluda Dam Road eventually as well.
SC-153 is to be extended northward from US-123 to SC-183 at Jameson Road, miles east of SC-135. SC-153's long term goal is to provide better access to Pickens.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
One down, two to go; Longhorn Steakhouse arriving in Easley should bring in the Lobster and the Garden to complete the Darden trifecta.

SC-153 is to be extended northward from US-123 to SC-183 at Jameson Road, miles east of SC-135. SC-153's long term goal is to provide better access to Pickens.
That should help development fill out in Northern part of Easley! Thanks for that because I couldn't remember where it was supposed to end. I hope they make it limited access and learn from past mistakes...

Definitely think Easley and the area could support Red Lobster and Olive Garden.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:34 AM

5,519 posts, read 15,294,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I know that is the long-term plan, but I hope it does not happen in my lifetime. I love the rural Dacusville, Oolenoy-Pumpkintown, and Table Rock areas, but never wish to see them turn into another branch of sprawling suburban Upstate, South Carolina. Growth immediately surrounding Pickens would be tolerable, if it does not spread outward too far.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:08 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,920,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
That should help development fill out in Northern part of Easley! Thanks for that because I couldn't remember where it was supposed to end. I hope they make it limited access and learn from past mistakes...

Definitely think Easley and the area could support Red Lobster and Olive Garden.

Greenwood(about same size as Easley) supports a Red Lobster. The only problem Easley may have getting Red lobster and Olive Garden is the fact they both have locations on the West side of Greenville. Not sure that they will build that close to them.

As far as OG never understood the popularity of that place. There idea of Italian is so bland and bottled tasting, IMO. I can do better Italian than them and I am neither Italian nor a cook. I would take Capris in Easley anyday over OG.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:08 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,817,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
m.

As far as OG never understood the popularity of that place. There idea of Italian is so bland and bottled tasting, IMO. I can do better Italian than them and I am neither Italian nor a cook. I would take Capris in Easley anyday over OG.
haha, agreed!

Old 05-26-2012, 06:20 PM

106 posts, read 195,330 times
Capri's really is much better and you get a lot more food for the money but the OG would still be nice for variety since the Red Lobster is highly unlikely to happen.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:43 PM

21,004 posts, read 27,016,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Greenwood(about same size as Easley) supports a Red Lobster. The only problem Easley may have getting Red lobster and Olive Garden is the fact they both have locations on the West side of Greenville. Not sure that they will build that close to them.
Greenwood is twice the size of Easley, and two-thirds the size of Anderson.

There are no Darden restaurants in western Greenville County. Olive Garden, on North Pleasantburg Drive, and Red Lobster, on Wade Hampton Boulevard, both in Greenville, are 15 to 18 miles away from Easley. Being nowhere close, I do not see any geographic challenges.

It will be no surprise if Darden has acquired additional outparcels at Easley Town Center or property along US-123 for future restaurants. When one goes up, others follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area