Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 10:24 PM

106 posts, read 196,638 times

Advertisements

I actually prefer the movie theater in Easley now since they have new, wider seats and remodeled auditoriums to the big, over-crowded ones in G-ville but we really do need more sit down style restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 04:33 PM

374 posts, read 834,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
And traffic counts in the Easley/Powdersville area will no doubt only increase over time.
What point are you trying to make? Have lived in the Easley area for 15 plus yrs and lived the annual traffic increases with no substantial retail development until Walmart showed up. Don't get it......

Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
I'm not sure how many people feel the way I do but...I really like seeing all the progress in Easley...the gas stations, shopping plazas and all the new restaurants coming up into the Easley area

Old 06-06-2012, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I'm not sure how many people feel the way I do but...I really like seeing all the progress in Easley...the gas stations, shopping plazas and all the new restaurants coming up into the Easley area
Couldn't agree more....Keep it coming. Even before the economy tanked there was stretch of several yrs where it seemed growth was basically stagnant. It's a welcome sight and leads to a better quality of life for the community.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:17 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
Definitely excited about some of the businesses/development coming to our area.

I worry a lot about 123 in general though, I would like to see some of the old strip malls repurposed before we continue to build outward. Although not a Mcdonalds fan I was so happy to see them tear down an ugly building/strip mall and replace it with something much more appealing to the eye, same with the recent renovation to the Shell car wash, and the old Ryans building(now a mexican restaurant). I am also happy to see QT taking an ugly property with rundown trailers on it and turning it into something useful, we need more of that.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:06 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutyou View Post
What point are you trying to make? Have lived in the Easley area for 15 plus yrs and lived the annual traffic increases with no substantial retail development until Walmart showed up. Don't get it......

Traffic count is Business 101. Can't explain the actions or inactions of past developers, but this is fundamental to many business decisions, period.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:23 AM

356 posts, read 677,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Definitely excited about some of the businesses/development coming to our area.

I worry a lot about 123 in general though, I would like to see some of the old strip malls repurposed before we continue to build outward. Although not a Mcdonalds fan I was so happy to see them tear down an ugly building/strip mall and replace it with something much more appealing to the eye, same with the recent renovation to the Shell car wash, and the old Ryans building(now a mexican restaurant). I am also happy to see QT taking an ugly property with rundown trailers on it and turning it into something useful, we need more of that.

I agree as an Easley resident I'm thrilled with all the growth, however I do worry that all development will begin to shift to the Greenville end of 123, the section from Publix to the old Walmart is a big concern as well, but I do think Easley is doing a fairly good job of using up old buildings, or bulldozing and rebuilding, hope the growth continues in all sections of Easley.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
And traffic counts in the Easley/Powdersville area will no doubt only increase over time.
.... and the traffic continues to increase, as it has been for the last 3 decades.

Quote:
Traffic count is Business 101. Can't explain the actions or inactions of past developers, but this is fundamental to many business decisions, period.
Your absolutely correct...Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
I think Easley is becoming pretty popular and the "go to" place.

While Woodruff Road in GRV has alot of shops, the traffic there is a nightmare. I wonder what the solution is for that area?

If they could put back roads to ease the congestion.....

But happy to see Easley grow!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM

212 posts, read 423,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I think Easley is becoming pretty popular and the "go to" place.
Sorry, but when Easley gets a Target, Costco, Barnes & Noble, and Whole Foods, then maybe it will be a "go to" place. For now, we have a Kohl's and Walmart Supercenter, and other run-of-the-mill stuff. I want to see Easley get the first retailers I mentioned, but what we have now does not qualify our town as "go to."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area