Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 09:08 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Costco has done well infilling on redeveloped retail sites in Greenville and Spartanburg. Although it can happen at Easley Village Shopping Center, I do not know if it has Easley as a priority for new store locations. I would think it would like to open in Anderson first given a greater population area with disposable income.

I would not be surprised to see Kmart #3645 infilled by other uses such as a fitness center or other clothing and accessory stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 03:57 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
According to the Upstate Business Journal, Costco is coming to Easley where Kmart currently stands. They will close in early 2015.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:31 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,608,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
According to the Upstate Business Journal, Costco is coming to Easley where Kmart currently stands. They will close in early 2015.
wow, I'm surprised this will not be built closer to the Anderson/Clemson area

Old 10-31-2014, 08:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Easley Village Shopping Center, 5155 Calhoun Memorial Highway, Easley, South Carolina 29640-3863

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Upstate Business Journal reports from its 2014-10-31 issue, page 4, in its TBA column:
Quote:
Word is the Kmart store on Highway 123 in the Easley Village Shopping Center will close in early 2015 and be torn down to make way for a Costco...
We know the fact Kmart #3645 is closing. It is not listed on Kmart's website anymore.

I would like to get a realistic idea of the size of a Costco Wholesale store to imagine a store at Easley Village Shopping Center. I would think an average store is around 100,000 square feet. A freestanding gas station for members only would be on site. I do not know if the city of Easley has ordinances in place to create green space for flora.

I would be convinced Costco will come if Bi-Lo #5199 closes. Its closing would not surprise me.

I would expect Costco to open in Anderson sooner than later. Excluding Beltline Plaza behind Kohl's and Dick's Sporting Goods, sites along Clemson Boulevard are limited. A site at Anderson Corners, north of Clemson Boulevard's interchange with Interstate 85, would be ripe for retail.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:36 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Upstate Business Journal reports from its 2014-10-31 issue, page 4, in its TBA column:

We know the fact Kmart #3645 is closing. It is not listed on Kmart's website anymore.

I would like to get a realistic idea of the size of a Costco Wholesale store to imagine a store at Easley Village Shopping Center. I would think an average store is around 100,000 square feet. A freestanding gas station for members only would be on site. I do not know if the city of Easley has ordinances in place to create green space for flora.

I would be convinced Costco will come if Bi-Lo #5199 closes. Its closing would not surprise me.

I would expect Costco to open in Anderson sooner than later. Excluding Beltline Plaza behind Kohl's and Dick's Sporting Goods, sites along Clemson Boulevard are limited. A site at Anderson Corners, north of Clemson Boulevard's interchange with Interstate 85, would be ripe for retail.
Doesn't seem like anything new is coming to Anderson anytime soon.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:49 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I agree. Very skeptical about the Costco rumor. I wonder if UBJ is getting their rumor info and speculation from this board. The Sam's at ETC hardly looks that busy to me.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:22 AM

511 posts, read 1,522,528 times
If they don't do something with that red light at the Intersection of Highway 123 & Hwy 93 nothing will want to come here. That is a nightmare! The Bi-lo employees know nothing of the store closing but the Kmart employees acknowledge that it is closing.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:21 PM

422 posts, read 542,370 times
Quote:

I would like to see the sources of the Upstate Business Journal, thinking it is highly unlikely you will ever see a Costco in Easley. Doesn't fit the population and money demographic Costco shoots for.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:43 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
My G-News business writer contact is telling me it will be a Target and Bi-Lo is staying open. Kmart will still be closing though. I imagine this is much more likely to happen than Costco.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:45 PM

422 posts, read 542,370 times
Quote:
My G-News business writer contact is telling me it will be a Target and Bi-Lo is staying open. Kmart will still be closing though. I imagine this is much more likely to happen than Costco.

This sounds a lot more plausible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area