U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-27-2012, 06:47 PM

824 posts, read 643,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scme5 View Post
Sam's club and a Walmart in the same plaza don't think I ever seen that before
Woodruff Rd is set up that way. Walmart and Sams with Kohls in between. Easleys getting its own version of Woodruff Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 PM

2,930 posts, read 1,976,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Sam's Club and Academy Sports for Easley Town Center it looks like. Site plans for those stores are being reviewed by the city currently. Building permits have not been filed yet though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scme5 View Post
Sam's club and a Walmart in the same plaza don't think I ever seen that before
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNY2GRNVL View Post
Anderson is set up that way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Grissinger View Post
Yes Anderson is like that. The first time I went, I thought I was going to Sams and I was actually going to Wal Mart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Woodruff Rd is set up that way. Walmart and Sams with Kohls in between. Easleys getting its own version of Woodruff Rd.
Only Spartanburg and Asheville, North Carolina have Walmart and Sam's Club locations separately.

Easley needs a sporting goods store badly, and Academy Sports and Outdoors would be an excellent fit. If Academy could also locate at Cherrydale Point in Greenville County, that would be excellent as well.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 PM

346 posts, read 302,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Oh yeah
so I guess it's not that rare after all

Old 01-28-2012, 09:24 PM

774 posts, read 715,563 times
I forgot about that too! Guess I don't shop Woodruff Rd. Now I am going to live in the mini version!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:43 AM

265 posts, read 253,025 times
Quote:
I forgot about that too! Guess I don't shop Woodruff Rd. Now I am going to live in the mini version!
You say that as if it's a good thing?

Old 01-29-2012, 06:52 AM

I like having some different things coming to the area. I hope that I am fortunate due to the location of my home (cul de sac) & not on a main road that I will not get the traffic. Personally I would like to have some more Restaurants over this way. I guess that's because I am not much of a shopper. We have Applebees, Ruby Tuesday's & Fatz and to me those 3 kind of fall into the same category. Next we have Copper River & Outback, again same category. I would just like a few more options although I can't name any particular restaurant that I would like to see. I would like to see some of the vacant buildings get picked & made use of as well.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:06 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,268,852 times
Quote:
I like having some different things coming to the area. I hope that I am fortunate due to the location of my home (cul de sac) & not on a main road that I will not get the traffic. Personally I would like to have some more Restaurants over this way. I guess that's because I am not much of a shopper. We have Applebees, Ruby Tuesday's & Fatz and to me those 3 kind of fall into the same category. Next we have Copper River & Outback, again same category. I would just like a few more options although I can't name any particular restaurant that I would like to see. I would like to see some of the vacant buildings get picked & made use of as well.
and I don't eat at any of those types of chain places, there are a few unique restaurants in dowtown easley but i would love to see more closer to me

Old 02-01-2012, 05:10 PM

ANDERSON, S.C. -- QuikTrip opened its first store in South Carolina only four months ago, but the convenience store chain is quickly expanding its presence there. The company has nine stores under construction in the region of northwestern South Carolina known as the Upstate.

Since unveiling its first South Carolina store in Boiling Springs in October, the Tulsa, Okla.-based retailer has opened three stores in Spartanburg and one in Anderson, according to a report by the Anderson Independent Mail. Additionally, QuikTrip is only weeks away from opening two more stores in Anderson, at the same time workers clear land for the city's fourth location.

"There will be further growth in the entire Upstate. In that triangle, there will be a lot more stores added," company spokesman Mike Thornbrugh told the newspaper. "We really like the area. We love the people and the topography."

In addition to Anderson, new QuikTrip stores are under construction in Easley, Gaffney and Clover, S.C. Four stores are currently being built in Greenville, as well as two more locations in Spartanburg. Each store is about 5,700 square feet and takes about 26 weeks to build, the newspaper reported.

"One of the main reasons we expand is to give our employees the chance to grow and succeed," said Thornbrugh. "We think the Carolinas are going to be great places to offer our business."

QuikTrip is readying its entrance into neighboring North Carolina as well. As CSNews Online reported earlier this week, the chain expects to open its first location in Charlotte sometime in March.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:00 PM

8,759 posts, read 12,383,786 times
Sounds like QT on Highway 153 will be 10 years away from getting built. Oh and still no construction on Spinx or the new medical complex. Why is everything crawling at a snails pace right now in Powdersville? Jeez.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 PM

8,759 posts, read 12,383,786 times
More cowbell: Sam's Club, Academy Sports who interest in Easley | The Greenville News | GreenvilleOnline.com

Sam’s Club and Academy Sports + Outdoors could be coming to the Easley Town Center, a retail shopping complex along U.S. 123.

Tommy Holcombe, Easley’s building official, said the two retailers have expressed interest to the city in opening stores at Easley Town Center, and the city is reviewing site plans for those potential stores and several other potential retail stores that couldn’t be named.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area