U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:46 PM

449 posts, read 826,002 times
Default Easley's new shopping

Well--the demolition has finally started on the old "Saco Lowell" plant on Highway 123. We are excited to be getting new shopping areas and restaurants. There will be 20 to 25 new shops according to the local papers. This will also creat 900 permanent jobs in the area. Scheduled completion March 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 06:10 PM

40 posts, read 135,875 times
Since you're talking about expansion and what not of that area, I was wondering if you could speak more about how fast that area is seeming to rise up. I was hoping to check out about the general area of Easley, Seneca, Clemson, Anderson, and Walhalla way. Seems like I try to keep up with some stuff on this Greenville area board, but was wondering more specifically about these general areas. I'm not looking for an area where people are trying to grow it up fast to take away the reasons that there are for wanting to live there. As in people just popping houses and communities up to turn around and make a profit and various other reasons. Also areas maybe with an older style home setting, something about these new homes, maybe I see them as to modern. Maybe it seems that they are thrown together or something, I don't know, I've not really did much house hunting before. Was hoping maybe to find a rental property or something for a little bit until I would get the feel if the area was what I was looking for and what not. Input appreciated.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:18 PM

8,759 posts, read 12,390,851 times
Information regarding development: Cedarwood Development - Projects

Across Highway 123 from Easley Town Center will be this: http://www.croxtongray.com/listings/wp-content/uploads/easley-development.pdf (broken link)

Some pics of groundbreaking:
GreenvilleOnline.com - YourUpstate - Pickens County

Some pics I took of the site:
Before-

After-

A few of the retailers coming to Easley Town Center:

Last edited by g-man430; 03-09-2008 at 07:34 PM..

Old 03-10-2008, 09:32 PM

Kohls, Ross, Bed Bath and Beyond, Office Depot, Petsmart or Petco, possibly Best Buy and Michaels for Easley Town Center. Confirmed.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:03 AM

40 posts, read 135,875 times
So, I'm a little confused, three of those stores that you just mentioned look like they already have locations in a center located there towards the right side of that map.

I guess they are considering moving into a new center and leaving the olds ones vacant? That doesn't sound appealing. I don't like to drive around a town and necessarily see empty buildings. Don't know of much who else does, or maybe even cares, but that doesn't play to big with me.

What do others think?

Old 03-11-2008, 08:14 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,270,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCWorld View Post
So, I'm a little confused, three of those stores that you just mentioned look like they already have locations in a center located there towards the right side of that map.

I guess they are considering moving into a new center and leaving the olds ones vacant? That doesn't sound appealing. I don't like to drive around a town and necessarily see empty buildings. Don't know of much who else does, or maybe even cares, but that doesn't play to big with me.

What do others think?
I believe that IS the NEW center on the map, those are probably the proposed sites of the NEW stores in the NEW center, clear things up a bit?

Old 03-11-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
I believe that IS the NEW center on the map, those are probably the proposed sites of the NEW stores in the NEW center, clear things up a bit?
Correct. Walmart, Kohl's, Ross, and Office Depot are new stores in Easley Town Center. The only one that currently exist in Easley is Walmart which will move from the west side of town to this new development. The black lines from the new stores on the map point to where they'll be in the shopping center.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 AM

40 posts, read 127,256 times
Any word on the confirmed tenents for this site?

Old 04-10-2009, 01:54 PM

262 posts, read 510,449 times
I heard walmart pulled out of there. Not sure if it is true though

Old 04-10-2009, 03:40 PM

Walmart did not pull out. I know all of the tenants going to Easley Town Center. I have the site plan. Opening is mid-2010. Road improvements start in late May/early June. Walmart, Dicks Sporting Goods, Best Buy, O Charley's, Red Lobster, Ross, Petco or Petsmart, Kohl's, and many others. Currently the shopping center is 80% pre-leased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area