U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 10:19 PM

15,834 posts, read 13,536,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Ever since they decided to screw over this area and move their corporate HQ to Jacksonville I haven't stepped foot in one and have no plans to. Good riddance to them I say.
After its divestiture from Ahold to Lone Star Funds in 2004, BI-LO has not performed well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Bi-Lo is the K-Mart of grocery stores. Both felt cheap and cold. They should just go ahead and close all stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
Well, if Bilo is K-Mart, then Winn Dixie is Sears.
The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company was to the northeastern United States as Southeastern Grocers is to the southeastern United States. The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company closed stores consistently until it disappeared. Southeastern Grocers is following the same path.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:21 AM

495 posts, read 568,342 times
And let's not forget the possible next nail in Bi Lo's coffin. https://www.lidl.com/

Old 06-08-2017, 07:39 AM

2,161 posts, read 4,788,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
And let's not forget the possible next nail in Bi Lo's coffin. https://www.lidl.com/
been seeing their commercials constantly on tv, very funny, I don't live near one but makes me want to take a look

Old 06-08-2017, 07:53 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,245,087 times
Its going to take many more Lidl locations than just 1 or 2 to hurt BI-LO in Greenville Co. BI-LO has too many locations around town. What's hurt them most are all the Walmart and Publix locations in Greenville Co. They have taken and eaten their lunch last 15-20 years.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:58 AM

Supermarkets Ingle's, Publix, and Walmart Neighborhood Market; hypermarket Walmart Supercenter; and limited assortment/discount grocer Aldi have feasted on BI-LO through direct and indirect competition. Limited assortment/discount grocer Lidl will add gasoline to the fire.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:46 PM

495 posts, read 568,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
and that's why I made the comment. Multiple competitors already and Lidl adds some more.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:38 PM

161 posts, read 144,255 times
The last time I stepped foot inside a Bilo (~3 years ago) I said never again. This was after a visit to the location at Fairview/Harrison Bridge in Simpsonville. It reminded me of the Krogers we have here - overpriced, poor selection and depressing store. We were similarly unimpressed with the post-renovation Honea Path location and Pelzer location before that.

I always had fond memories of Bilo from the 90s (they had a white pizza from the deli at the Woodruff/Butler Rd location was to die for) and it's sad to see what it's become.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:43 AM

2,009 posts, read 1,169,155 times
BiLo, Ingles and Sams are the only places we will go anymore. For US, the items we get at BiLo are cheaper, and the bulk we get at Sams is cheaper than that. We only go to the Ingles in Laurens, (Which we dont go to much) as the one in Simpsonville actually has higher prices than the one in Laurens, go figure!

Old 06-10-2017, 10:52 AM

30 posts, read 14,873 times
Bi-Lo won't last around much. Give it a year or two. Either the name Bi-Lo will be discontinued or sold off. SE grocer is struggling to stay afloat given the fact that they can't keep their games with competitor such as Publix, WalMart, Aldi and so on.

I have a couple of friends who are still with Bi-Lo that have said that they have cut down on staff from Departments to floor management's meanwhile also cutting down staff hours and pay for those who still remain to cut back on the lost. This causes the stores to have short of staff leading to poor customer services. I was at Bi-Lo on Verdae ( work around there ) a week ago to grab some fresh shrimp before heading home, and literally I couldn't find anyone to assist me. I had to go back up to the cashiers to ask someone for help which took roughly over 5 minutes to have someone come assist me at the seafood area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area