U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 02:22 PM

852 posts, read 2,123,327 times

Advertisements

Raising Cane's - fast food (chicken fingers) but better than what you get at other similar restaurants. Simple menu, and they do it well. Been to locations in Louisiana and also in Las Vegas. In looking at their website, looks like they recently opened one in Clemson. Nearest others are in Athens, GA, Knoxville, and Charleston. Hopefully the Clemson location does well and they move east to Greenville and Spartanburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 03:28 PM

5,062 posts, read 5,658,095 times
Healthy fast-casual options I would like is:
  • Chopt
  • Elevation Burger
  • Noodles & Company
  • Soupplanation

Old 10-12-2017, 03:53 PM

4,414 posts, read 2,557,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
Raising Cane's - fast food (chicken fingers) but better than what you get at other similar restaurants. Simple menu, and they do it well. Been to locations in Louisiana and also in Las Vegas. In looking at their website, looks like they recently opened one in Clemson. Nearest others are in Athens, GA, Knoxville, and Charleston. Hopefully the Clemson location does well and they move east to Greenville and Spartanburg.
Had no idea there was a Raising Canes in the Upstate. I personally much prefer Zaxbys, but Canes does have some loyal customers.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:57 PM

12 posts, read 6,667 times
Cafe Intermezzo (based in Atlanta), they have an extensive coffee menu, including alcoholic coffee drinks. And they have close to as many flavors of cheesecake that the Cheesecake Factory has. They just started opening out of state locations. Downtown Greenville would be a great spot for one.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:55 PM

752 posts, read 431,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
^ agreed. I just got back from Irvine, CA and tried RCís for the first time. Decent portions to boot.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:56 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,245,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Had no idea there was a Raising Canes in the Upstate. I personally much prefer Zaxbys, but Canes does have some loyal customers.
If I'm not mistaken Raising Canes is on the Clemson campus in one of the food courts. They do need some free-standing locations here.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:47 PM

10 posts, read 4,074 times
Portillo’s. If you know what it is, you know why we need it.

With the exception of Chick-Fil-A, I have yet to see a “quick service” restaurant stay as consistently busy, run as efficiently, and consistently serve the quality food that the Portillo’s restaurants do.

I don’t need it, but a jumbo dog with everything or an Italian Beef sandwich with peppers, dipped, would be great right now watching this Cubs game.

https://facebook.com/PortillosGVL

Last edited by Lindalou864; 10-12-2017 at 09:59 PM..

Old 10-13-2017, 10:22 AM

28 posts, read 21,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Breugger's Bagels; Doc Chey's (I really miss DC - I go there every chance I'm in Asheville/Atlanta)
Yeah, I miss the Chinese Chicken Soup the most. It was my medicine when I was ailing with sinus or cold stuff. Better than any OTC medication!

Old 10-13-2017, 02:17 PM

6,549 posts, read 4,573,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Shake Shack. It's a more yuppie Chick Fil A, but it's delicious food. If I could magically plop any restaurant into Greenville, that's realistic, it'd be Shake Shack.
I had them last summer when I was out in Vegas.. I mean, it was fine.. But I put them kinda in the class of Steak and Shake.. Not really worth that much money. Not BAD or anything, but not as good as they think they are.

Popeyes.

And.. Since they'll be mentioned shortly.. Bob's Big Boy and Roy Rogers.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:23 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,412,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
We prefer locally owned restaurants than chains. Don't you guys get sick of burger joints? It's nice to have diversity.
I agree with this post 100%. We already have plenty of chain restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area