U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 01:21 PM

2,893 posts, read 3,326,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
Smithfield's has to be one of the best chain BBQ places anywhere. The BBQ is good, the sides are great, and the prices are reasonable. Not quite as good as the best local Eastern NC BBQ places but pretty close. Would love to see them expand into this market.
Well speaking of barbecue chains, it would seem more likely that Maurice's could expand from right down the road in Columbia. Their food is very good and they have more SC style barbecue that uses the mustard based sauce. They are much closer than Smithfield's in eastern NC. Although either one would be good. But I wonder if there are any Sonny's locations around anymore, as the national chain seems to be retreating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 01:37 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,415,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Well speaking of barbecue chains, it would seem more likely that Maurice's could expand from right down the road in Columbia. Their food is very good and they have more SC style barbecue that uses the mustard based sauce. They are much closer than Smithfield's in eastern NC. Although either one would be good. But I wonder if there are any Sonny's locations around anymore, as the national chain seems to be retreating.
I just honestly don't care for the BBQ from Sonny's. I used to like Maurice's ok but the last couple of times I've been to one, I've been unimpressed with the quality and taste of the food I've received. There seems to be a lot of variability between their locations.

All of the Smithfield's locations I've been to have been super consistent with quality and taste of their food. I know it's a long shot to get them to expand here when the closest location is currently in Charlotte but I'd be excited to see it for certain.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:53 PM

229 posts, read 293,546 times
Quote:
I think the closest sonny's is now in Atlanta. There was one in Easley but it shut down over a year ago and is now a Big Clock.

Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM

2,893 posts, read 3,326,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
I just honestly don't care for the BBQ from Sonny's. I used to like Maurice's ok but the last couple of times I've been to one, I've been unimpressed with the quality and taste of the food I've received. There seems to be a lot of variability between their locations.

All of the Smithfield's locations I've been to have been super consistent with quality and taste of their food. I know it's a long shot to get them to expand here when the closest location is currently in Charlotte but I'd be excited to see it for certain.
The Charlotte location for Smithfield's is new and may not have opened yet. It is scheduled to open sometime this month. But since they have made the leap from Eastern NC to Charlotte, perhaps it is more feasible they could eventually expand down to the Upstate.

Old Today, 07:24 AM

575 posts, read 1,088,846 times
Quote:
The Charlotte location for Smithfield's is new and may not have opened yet. It is scheduled to open sometime this month. But since they have made the leap from Eastern NC to Charlotte, perhaps it is more feasible they could eventually expand down to the Upstate.
Great to know that there is a Smithfield's coming to or already in Charlotte! I will look into that - it would be worth a day trip! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area