Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 09:38 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Generally speaking, closer to the mountains, and away from Charleston area. Traffic is bad, for one. But, just would like to be closer to the drive into the mountains too.
Cost of living lower is always a nice thing..
You have not answered yet if you are looking at Greenville or looking at Spartanburg.

Greenville County has area in the mountains. It has a higher cost of living.

Spartanburg County does not have area in the mountains. It has a lower cost of living.

Both Greenville and Spartanburg counties have traffic issues. In Greenville County, the Interstate 85/Interstate 385 interchange is being rebuilt, and there are wrecks a plenty at Interstate 85 exit 54 (Pelham Road). In Spartanburg County, Interstate 85 is undergoing repaving, and there are wrecks a plenty at Interstate 85 exit 63 (South Carolina Highway 290) and on Interstate 26.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 04:40 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
You have not answered yet if you are looking at Greenville or looking at Spartanburg.

Greenville County has area in the mountains. It has a higher cost of living.

Spartanburg County does not have area in the mountains. It has a lower cost of living.

Both Greenville and Spartanburg counties have traffic issues. In Greenville County, the Interstate 85/Interstate 385 interchange is being rebuilt, and there are wrecks a plenty at Interstate 85 exit 54 (Pelham Road). In Spartanburg County, Interstate 85 is undergoing repaving, and there are wrecks a plenty at Interstate 85 exit 63 (South Carolina Highway 290) and on Interstate 26.
Sorry about not conveying my thoughts. I am closer to the Blue Ridge mountains living in Spartanburg or Greenville than from Charleston.
Maybe I need to drive up that way and stay a few days..

Old 10-16-2017, 08:00 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,053,341 times
Quote:
My wife is a realtor down here, and I would be working with her if we were to head up that way.
Compared to Goose Creek Crowfield area, I am sure we can find a home cheaper up there...
Wont need this mcmanison anymore. I have a 4 bedroom with Finished FROG. Too much for two people, once last kid leaves for college next year.
That's a nice area I agree with others, Spartanburg is not near the mountains so probably not what you are looking for. Do you want rural or more suburban? The closest to the mountains will be Travelers Rest, Tigerville (Taylors) and parts of Greer.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:05 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
That's a nice area I agree with others, Spartanburg is not near the mountains so probably not what you are looking for. Do you want rural or more suburban? The closest to the mountains will be Travelers Rest, Tigerville (Taylors) and parts of Greer.
Rural..

Old 10-17-2017, 04:32 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,607,387 times
Quote:
Rural..
You need to investigate TR and points north. You may even want to look at northern Pickens and Oconee counties too. My dream would be to have a home in/near Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area - easy access to TR/DT Greenville and easy access to Dupont State Forest, NC (I'm also looking at Cedar Mountain, NC for a retirement home).

Last edited by drfranklin; 10-17-2017 at 05:42 AM..

Old 10-17-2017, 12:16 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,053,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
You need to investigate TR and points north. You may even want to look at northern Pickens and Oconee counties too. My dream would be to have a home in/near Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area - easy access to TR/DT Greenville and easy access to Dupont State Forest, NC (I'm also looking at Cedar Mountain, NC for a retirement home).
I agree, those areas would work for the OP along with the ones that I mentioned. Plenty of rural areas but not too far from civilization. It will put the mountains right at his fingertips and give easy access to WNC.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:19 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,394,692 times
If you like lakes, you might consider Anderson or Seneca/Clemson/Pendleton. They are smaller towns than Greenville and Spartanburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area