U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 12:38 PM

1,437 posts, read 1,737,736 times

Advertisements

Is there one central place, website, or event where I can go and see all Greenville County charter schools, and critical information such as admissions, policies, and what makes each one stand out?

If you have multiple kids, is it possible that they don't all get accepted to the same charter schools and you end up with four kids going to four different schools?

Are you generally on your own for transportation to charter schools or schools outside your district? Or is busing available?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 01:09 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (lives vicariously on a beach south of 30-A)
1,672 posts, read 3,198,941 times
Not sure about a central website

My older children (2) attend Langston Charter Middle - fantastic school (separate sexes) - one child was admitted thru the lottery and now her 2 siblings are eligible to go (and do/will go)

So, when 1 sibling is admitted thru the lottery process, all siblings are then eligible

No transportation is provided to any charter school (we have a long drive but carpool)

Old 11-04-2017, 07:52 AM

495 posts, read 568,731 times
My two oldest went to Brashier Middle College Charter High School and we were very pleased with the education they received. I found this for comparisons http://public-schools.startclass.com...e-County%2C-SC

Old 11-04-2017, 08:59 AM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (lives vicariously on a beach south of 30-A)
1,672 posts, read 3,198,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
My two oldest went to Brashier Middle College Charter High School and we were very pleased with the education they received. I found this for comparisons http://public-schools.startclass.com...e-County%2C-SC
great website - thank you

Backstory: my oldest daughter was enrolled in Beck Academy (middle school) for one year - terrible year, disappointing quality, and multiple safety issues - once her younger sister was eligible for Langston, we transferred her immediately - much better instruction and safer.

GCS offers very good/excellent charter schools - also, I really like "school choice" with GCS - one doesn't necessarily have to move to enroll in other public schools

I've never heard of "Green Charter" - what is that?

Old 11-04-2017, 05:04 PM

495 posts, read 568,731 times
Go here for all your answers GREEN Charter School - Top Public Charter School in Greenville

Old 11-12-2017, 06:28 PM

143 posts, read 148,064 times
At Greenville Tech Charter High School (GTCHS), siblings get an automatic "in" when it comes to admission. I believe there is the same policy at Brashier and Greer Middle College, but you should verify. There are no school buses for GTCHS, but the school will help you find families in your area for car pools. For working parents, GTCHS also has a good after school late stay program. You have to pay for it ($150 per semester), but the child can go as often as needed and there are people there that can provide academic assistance if needed.

Old Today, 06:14 PM

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Bo View Post
At Greenville Tech Charter High School (GTCHS), siblings get an automatic "in" when it comes to admission. I believe there is the same policy at Brashier and Greer Middle College, but you should verify. There are no school buses for GTCHS, but the school will help you find families in your area for car pools. For working parents, GTCHS also has a good after school late stay program. You have to pay for it ($150 per semester), but the child can go as often as needed and there are people there that can provide academic assistance if needed.

there is the same policy with regards to siblings. there are no buses but there are carpools. the other two to my knowledge don't have a late stay program. People at clemson that went to the downtown campus hated it, but those who went to the other two (braisher/greer) loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area