U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2017, 09:21 PM
 
506 posts, read 585,392 times
Reputation: 285

Advertisements

Tucanos will be open 11-8 on Thanksgiving with a special menu.

Greenville Specials | Tucanos Brazilian Grill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2017, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Somewhere, out there in Zone7B
4,082 posts, read 5,094,083 times
Reputation: 3170
Here's a great link from KiddingAround that has a slew of restaurants that are open, some mentioned before, others which have not. To many to list, so please follow the link below:


https://kiddingaroundgreenville.com/...nksgiving.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 01:19 PM
 
678 posts, read 811,657 times
Reputation: 1038
In Spartanburg, Wade's is open from 10:45-3pm on Thanksgiving. People line up around the building every Sunday for their turkey and cornbread dressing, so you probably won't find a better traditional Thanksgiving meal anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Somewhere, out there in Zone7B
4,082 posts, read 5,094,083 times
Reputation: 3170
Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 10:03 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 1,430,946 times
Reputation: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
In Spartanburg, Wade's is open from 10:45-3pm on Thanksgiving. People line up around the building every Sunday for their turkey and cornbread dressing, so you probably won't find a better traditional Thanksgiving meal anywhere.
The best traditional Thanksgiving dinner will once again be at home with family. Sad that businesses are open, which prevents employees from having the day with their loved ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2017, 12:07 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
104 posts, read 22,480 times
Reputation: 459
Anyone know yet which restaurants are open for Christmas?

We enjoyed eating out for Thanksgiving these past two years and are hoping to add Christmas to the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2017, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
1,447 posts, read 1,340,961 times
Reputation: 1065
Of course the best dinner for any holiday is with family, but if your family has shrunk yet they still want a traditional dinner (which in addition I will not cook) going out is the best option. I would like to know what places are open for Christmas, as well. In NY we always had Chinese and were lucky to find a couple of places in Raleigh that were open as well; not sure if the Chinese restaurants here are open Christmas Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2017, 09:25 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 1,430,946 times
Reputation: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Of course the best dinner for any holiday is with family, but if your family has shrunk yet they still want a traditional dinner (which in addition I will not cook) going out is the best option. I would like to know what places are open for Christmas, as well. In NY we always had Chinese and were lucky to find a couple of places in Raleigh that were open as well; not sure if the Chinese restaurants here are open Christmas Day.
I try very hard to not make others work on Thanksgiving or Christmas. In that situation, I'd probably order a pre-made meal from somewhere the day before and then just warm it up on Christmas day.

I worked in retail for years where I had to work on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving and always hated that I had to miss that time with my children when they were young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2017, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
1,447 posts, read 1,340,961 times
Reputation: 1065
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
I try very hard to not make others work on Thanksgiving or Christmas. In that situation, I'd probably order a pre-made meal from somewhere the day before and then just warm it up on Christmas day.

I worked in retail for years where I had to work on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving and always hated that I had to miss that time with my children when they were young.
Yes, I understand. I did feel sorry for the waitresses at the cafeteria, which I where we ended up going. However my husband wanted turkey; the only one I would consider having in the house does not come pre-made. He is also the only one who would eat it, so what would I do with all that turkey?

Chinese restaurants have traditionally been the refuge on Christmas Day for those of us who do not observe the holiday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 03:00 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
104 posts, read 22,480 times
Reputation: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Of course the best dinner for any holiday is with family, but if your family has shrunk yet they still want a traditional dinner (which in addition I will not cook) going out is the best option. I would like to know what places are open for Christmas, as well. In NY we always had Chinese and were lucky to find a couple of places in Raleigh that were open as well; not sure if the Chinese restaurants here are open Christmas Day.
We will be with our family, I just don't want all the calories, time, and mess. I heard Roost is open and Ruth Chris steakhouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top