U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:19 PM

693 posts, read 1,104,544 times

Advertisements

I routinely visit the Bi-Lo in Coronanca that used to be a Piggly Wiggly since it is close to work, and it is closer to our house than the new Walmart in Greenwood for quick trips. However if we have a trip into Greenwood itself planned, we will go to the Publix there, especially if there's meat for smoking involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 08:31 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,267,193 times
I once drank some milk that had a sour taste. It tasted as if someone had added mustard to the milk.

I asked if someone added mustard to the milk, and my grandmother politely informed me that I was drinking buttermilk.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:03 PM

188 posts, read 167,845 times
I don't shop Bi-lo much, but being a couple doors down from work I stopped at the TR store. Only needed a few things. Went to the produce dept., and on the way saw the deli had butter ball turkey for 3.99 a pound. Having bought rotten deli meat there before, I asked to cut a slice and let me smell it. It was fine, so I told the girl I will take a pound thin sliced. Told here I was going to the produce section to get some squash and would be right back. Looked at the squash, and they had a mixture of Zucchini and yellow already sliced for like 2.50 a package. I normally buy whole but the package looked beautiful. Bought them. Went to get some Dole orange, peach, mango juice and the newest one I could fine had a sell by date of Nov. 23. Some had Nov. 18. Passed on that. Went to get a dozen Eggland's best eggs, huge display of them, all were a month past sell by date. Passed. Went back to the deli and the girl has my Turkey on the scale and say's I went a little over, do you want me to take some off. It was 2.8 pounds!. I said yes take about 2/3'rds off. Got home to cook my squash, opened the package and guess what? They put a fresh layer of slices over the rotten gelled pieces underneath! Being from Florida I was aware of Winn-Dixies swamp cow meat and dirty stores, but if Bi-Lo can not figure out their problem with quality and service like I posted they are gone.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:18 PM

2,994 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmelfi View Post
I don't shop Bi-lo much, but being a couple doors down from work I stopped at the TR store. Only needed a few things. Went to the produce dept., and on the way saw the deli had butter ball turkey for 3.99 a pound. Having bought rotten deli meat there before, I asked to cut a slice and let me smell it. It was fine, so I told the girl I will take a pound thin sliced. Told here I was going to the produce section to get some squash and would be right back. Looked at the squash, and they had a mixture of Zucchini and yellow already sliced for like 2.50 a package. I normally buy whole but the package looked beautiful. Bought them. Went to get some Dole orange, peach, mango juice and the newest one I could fine had a sell by date of Nov. 23. Some had Nov. 18. Passed on that. Went to get a dozen Eggland's best eggs, huge display of them, all were a month past sell by date. Passed. Went back to the deli and the girl has my Turkey on the scale and say's I went a little over, do you want me to take some off. It was 2.8 pounds!. I said yes take about 2/3'rds off. Got home to cook my squash, opened the package and guess what? They put a fresh layer of slices over the rotten gelled pieces underneath! Being from Florida I was aware of Winn-Dixies swamp cow meat and dirty stores, but if Bi-Lo can not figure out their problem with quality and service like I posted they are gone.
So you, like others, have assumed that ALL BiLo stores are like that, based on one experience?

Old 12-01-2017, 09:14 PM

49 posts, read 38,238 times
1.99lb Butterball Turkey at the Deli. Can't beat that.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:11 PM

188 posts, read 167,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
So you, like others, have assumed that ALL BiLo stores are like that, based on one experience?
So should we blame another corporation for this, or is all on Southeast grocers? After all they are the management.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmelfi View Post
So should we blame another corporation for this, or is all on Southeast grocers? After all they are the management.
Not putting blame on anyone, just asked a question. Do you honestly believe, that because you had one bad experience in one BiLo, that ALL of them have bad fruit and eggs?

Old 12-02-2017, 08:01 PM

128 posts, read 150,508 times
I shop at Bi-Lo. I have never had "bad eggs" nor have I found expired milk on the shelves.

The people in the meat department are always pleasant, and their beef is cut within the store (unlike Walmart and Target that cut their beef off-site, and inject the packages with carbon monoxide to keep it looking red!).

I'm not sure if the gas perks conversion to the Plenti card is an advantage or disadvantage, but for me, I'll keep shopping at Bi-Lo.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:32 AM

5,784 posts, read 6,557,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Not putting blame on anyone, just asked a question. Do you honestly believe, that because you had one bad experience in one BiLo, that ALL of them have bad fruit and eggs?
I've always had good experience at the Bi-Lo stores in Simpsonville, especially the Hwy 14 store.

Less so at the Fountain Inn location.

Has a lot to do with local store management.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnret04 View Post

has a lot to do with local store management.
exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area