U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 12:59 PM

7,581 posts, read 3,994,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I love the Greenville downtown area, but once you get out a little, it is very nondescript and impoverished in areas. You need to take a drive down Highway 25 before you make your decision.
Highway 25 isn't the affluent part of the metro. You don't appear to be familiar with the Greenville metro. Most of the middle class suburban /affluent areas are to the east of downtown around Pelham and Woodruff Roads. Powdersville is also booming west of 153.

I would say Hendersonville looks more poor and there aren't modern shopping centers like Greenville.

I think Highway 25 in Greenville is better than Spartanburg Highway (176) in Hendersonville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey27520 View Post
Oh geez, just realized my mistake! Ugh! Too much egg nog! Sorry neighbors!
That is why Greenville SC's slogan is Yeah THAT Greenville. 30 plus Greenvilles in this country.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:06 PM

2,561 posts, read 1,018,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Highway 25 isn't the affluent part of the metro. You don't appear to be familiar with the Greenville metro. Most of the middle class /affluent areas are to the east of downtown around Pelham and Woodruff Roads.

I would say Hendersonville looks more poor and there aren't modern shopping centers like Greenville.
Yes, I am familiar with the areas you describe, but you must take into account this area when considering Greenville as a whole. The areas you describe are nice, but still are not up to some in other parts of the country. I do like the newly renovated airport; but you almost always have to connect to get to your final destination and fares are relatively expensive.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Yes, I am familiar with the areas you describe, but you must take into account this area when considering Greenville as a whole. The areas you describe are nice, but still are not up to some in other parts of the country. ..
Ok what is your evidence that those areas don't measure up to other places? .What makes other places better?

How are Hendersonville and Flat Rock suburbs better?

From my standpoint if it weird you are saying the Greenville burbs look poor if you live in a small. town with less jobs.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Ok what is your evidence that those areas don't measure up to other places? .What makes other places better?

How are Hendersonville and Flat Rock suburbs better?
I'm not going to get into a pi****g match you. We just have differing opinions.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:14 PM

OK, I'm expressing my opinions, just as you did. You asserted Greenville suburbs don't stack up so I figured you had a specific reason or reasons for it. I'm trying to understand where you are coming from.

In my view, if you are talking about Highway 25 / Whitehorse Road, you probably aren't familiar with the nicer part of Greenville. Most transplants aren't going to end up around Highway 25, unless it up around Furman and Traveler's Rest.

Most people living on the eastside of Greenville's metro are rarely in the Highway 25 area.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
OK, I'm expressing my opinions, just as you did. You asserted Greenville suburbs don't stack up so I figured you had a specific reason or reasons for it.

In my view, if you are talking about Highway 25 / Whitehorse Road, you probably aren't familiar with the nicer part of Greenville. Most transplants aren't going to end up around Highway 25, unless it up around Furman and Traveler's Rest.
We have been to the east side, the south side, the north side, and the west side on multiple occasions. When you are considering a place to live, it is very important to consider the metro area as a whole.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:23 PM

Ok, as I said , most transplants will not end up in Highway 25 area and most residents on the affluent eastside of the metro rarely are in that area. Yet you've made it the focal point.

Basically the only time that I am in the west side of the metro is when I'm driving down 123 to go over to the lakes and mountains in Pickens and Oconee counties and to Clemson University.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Ok, as I said , most transplants will not end up in Highway 25 area and most residents on the affluent eastside of the metro rarely are in that area. Yet you've made it the focal point.

Basically the only time that I am in the west side of the metro is when I'm driving down 123 to go over to the lakes and mountains in Pickens and Oconee counties and to Clemson University.
To me, the Greenville area is not nearly as scenic as the Flat Rock/Hendersonville/Asheville areas, but that's just my opinion. We always remark how much prettier it is once you cross over into NC on 25.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:49 PM

215 posts, read 89,787 times
Reminds me of the college professor I heard about who was invited to give a talk at Eastern Carolina in Greenville NC. His secretary booked him a ticket to GSP. He had to take a taxi from the airport, six hours overnight in order to make it in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or