U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 09:30 AM

1,885 posts, read 1,845,748 times

Advertisements

https://www.goldsgym.com/cherrydale/ would be convenient to the Paris Mountain area, and not far from TR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 01:33 PM

113 posts, read 80,464 times
Can you post a link to the $209K home?

Old 12-01-2017, 01:39 PM

7,583 posts, read 4,003,555 times
Furman University has a fitness center that non-students can use for a membership fee.

Membership | Physical Activities Center | Athletics | Furman University

I believe there is a small YMCA near downtown TR.

There is probably a Workout Anytime or Anytime Fitness place up that way with 24 hour access.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:23 PM

124 posts, read 63,935 times
All sounds great, thanks!

Old 12-01-2017, 02:43 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,845,748 times
So sorry- I had the price wrong- it was one I had shown at $245K. Got an email yesterday re: a price reduction and my memory was faulty; it is $229K. There are a couple of homes there for a bit less, as well.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:17 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,899 posts, read 3,726,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
...Furman University has a fitness center that non-students can use for a membership fee...
wow, most college/university rec facilities are strictly off limits to locals (unless one is a student or staff) - if I lived close to Furman, I would seriously look into a membership

Old 12-02-2017, 08:19 PM

68 posts, read 96,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles721 View Post
Thanks I will be checking out all these areas,

What Gyms/ Sportsclubs are nearby?
I live in the Half Mile Lake subdivision, which is almost next door to the Pebble Creek area. I would recommend looking here as well. The closest gym I know of is a Golds Gym in the Cherrydale area, just over 2 miles away.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:16 PM

11,828 posts, read 26,806,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odieman44 View Post
I live in the Half Mile Lake subdivision, which is almost next door to the Pebble Creek area. I would recommend looking here as well. The closest gym I know of is a Golds Gym in the Cherrydale area, just over 2 miles away.
I like Half Mile too. It offers a pool and has holiday events. It close to most everything. It's more affordable than Pebble Creek. I still like Pebble Creek though. I maybe wrong but honestly, I think Travelers Rest is more what the OP is seeking. They didn't mention if they wanted a planned community with HOA's.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:19 PM

124 posts, read 63,935 times
Thanks again every one!
Is it true that most of the communities have HOAs? What is the rate range of HOAs and what do they include.

I've owned a total of 4 homes & never had to pay HOA yet none were in a planned community.

Is Sportsclub considered the best gym in Greenville?

Has anyone been to Southern OM Yoga? It looks like its the best in the area. I like heated vinyasa yoga, I mean LOVE.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:06 AM

82 posts, read 63,740 times
I am a recent transplant from Florida to TR and I love it here. I am actually 20-25 minutes north from town in the mountains and couldn't think of a better place to be. I am also nearly equal distance from Landrum which is beautiful horse country and has a very charming downtown. There is a gym right on Main St in downtown TR but the name eludes me. Paris mountain is nice but unless you have the $50 all park pass it can start adding up as they charge $5 per person to enter. Since I am so close to NC I usually end up going to the green river gamelands in Saluda for a routine hike, it's free and features gorgeous falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or