U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 06:23 PM

182 posts, read 165,777 times

Advertisements

Also on 99W is the carribean mux witch has all the networks and CW not encrypted. And on the weekends you can find sports out the ying yang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 07:12 PM

11,785 posts, read 26,703,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
NewsOn features live streaming newscasts from major markets nationwide, including GSP. And as I mentioned previously, WBTV, WSOC-TV, and WSB have direct apps on Roku and Amazon Fire devices. There are often topics of interest with more regional coverage on the Charlotte and Atlanta stations. Such as today WBTV and WSOC-TV had the most comprehensive coverage of the Carolina Panthers/Jerry Richardson story, and WSB had detailed coverage of the shutdown at the Atlanta airport. Locally I normally watch WYFF for news, and sometimes WSPA.
Yes, that's what I meant to say You can watch any news which is nice too. You can watch it anytime as well.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:53 PM

6,269 posts, read 18,829,599 times
My TV is in the living room. Who's isn't? I don't sit out there but it has one of those "mouse pad" antenna's attached to it. It's a smart tv so it gets youtube, netflix, hulu, etc. I pay for hulu to watch current TV shows and netflix and amazon prime for movies, but I prefer to sit on my bed watching on my laptop. So much for the tv! It's really there for the grandkids and for my son's PS4.

Old 12-19-2017, 02:24 AM

263 posts, read 185,567 times
This is all great, but you still need an internet provider, so I assume most of you still haven't truly 'cut the cable'. We have internet only through Spectrum, and it was a good deal until they jacked up the rate after a year. I nearly cut the cable then. We tried Hulu, but it kept hanging up, and it got too frustrating. Are any of the other ones better?

Old 12-19-2017, 05:34 AM

1,083 posts, read 641,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
This is all great, but you still need an internet provider, so I assume most of you still haven't truly 'cut the cable'.
Most people already had an internet connection in their home long before these streaming services came along. Its pretty much a necessity these days, so no... I guess technically you can say we haven't "cut the cord" completely. However, if you can add TV to it through the use of these streaming services - WHILE saving money at the same time then semantics aside, it's still a win-win situation.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:34 AM

11,785 posts, read 26,703,564 times
Quote:
This is all great, but you still need an internet provider, so I assume most of you still haven't truly 'cut the cable'. We have internet only through Spectrum, and it was a good deal until they jacked up the rate after a year. I nearly cut the cable then. We tried Hulu, but it kept hanging up, and it got too frustrating. Are any of the other ones better?
Can you explain what you mean when you say it kept hanging up? Do you mean it's lagging? My dh is the one who watches TV and he prefers Sling over all the other ones. And yes, most people already have internet so as mentioned, it's a big savings and win-win situation.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:37 AM

34,921 posts, read 31,952,177 times
I have to have high speed data so haven't done much of anything.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:01 PM

6,269 posts, read 18,829,599 times
Quote:
If I cut "that" cord, I won't have an income. Internet is more important than cable TV which is what most are referring to when they say they cut the cord!

Old 12-20-2017, 02:23 AM

263 posts, read 185,567 times
We tried to watch 'Designated Survivor' on Hulu. It would make it to the first commercial, then quit. We tried it over and over, and eventually got that episode to play. On the very next episode, it did the same thing, at the same point! Other shows streamed OK, so it was something peculiar to that show. Later, it started freezing on other shows, and then it had to be rebooted periodically as if our TV hadn't been set up. Too frustrating for older, non-technical folks like us.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:56 AM

55 posts, read 106,599 times
Quote:
We tried to watch 'Designated Survivor' on Hulu. It would make it to the first commercial, then quit. We tried it over and over, and eventually got that episode to play. On the very next episode, it did the same thing, at the same point! Other shows streamed OK, so it was something peculiar to that show. Later, it started freezing on other shows, and then it had to be rebooted periodically as if our TV hadn't been set up. Too frustrating for older, non-technical folks like us.
If you contact hulu they are likely to give you a credit and might even look in to your problem.

We have ATT DSL which is pretty slow but we use Netflix, Hulu and Amazon prime on multiple TVs at once and have very few problems. We also have a cheap antenna for live sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area