Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 02:02 PM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times

Advertisements

One consideration in moving any where is where is a church to norish my soul as I have in DFW. Any ones come to mind around the metro or north toward Hendersonville not too far from Cliffs Valley?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 09:46 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
I'm only familiar with the upstate churches of Christ.

Boiling Springs has a nice sized, sound congregation, about 45 minutes from Cliffs Valley. But not in the direction you were asking.

Old 01-01-2018, 01:43 PM

Ok thanks, we are not set on where to locate house wise though we like the Cliffs. Where the cofC for us is located influences that location.

Old 01-01-2018, 03:12 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,212,057 times
What does CofC have to do with where you live or go to church?

Old 01-01-2018, 05:37 PM

423 posts, read 899,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
What does CofC have to do with where you live or go to church?
He's referring to Church of Christ. Usually in SC CofC is referring to College of Charleston.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:49 PM

Yes I am referring to church of Christ. Was not aware of College of Charleston not need to be near it at 70 years of age... retired for 10 years now and got 2 college degres and most of one other degree.In Texas a choice of good churches of christ are all around. I was not sure if that was true for this part of SC too.

We need to be near medical, good shopping and a nice safe neighborhood of homes. From what I see of Cliffs Valley and other Cliffs communities we wil be in the lower end of their price range and are remote from Medical facilities and basic grocery stores and restaurants.

Knowing where some good churches are, especially if they are near a good neighborhood would help me narrow down y options for when I come for a visit to explore living in this area. I am more familiar with NC and TN but a recent trip to the Ga mountains made me open my mind to SC.

Back to your question, the small first c if the usual way to abbreviate church of Christ. cofC. I failed to do so in the title

Old 01-01-2018, 06:19 PM

423 posts, read 899,066 times
Churches of Christ in South Carolina cities A thru Z

Acadia | ACADIA, LLC

You might want to consider a home in Acadia. It's just off I-185 and the Southern Connector, but you exit prior to the toll plaza. Even though it has a Piedmont SC address, it's really not in Piedmont and is only 6 minutes away from Greenville Memorial Hospital and many doctors' offices. Edgewood Church of Christ is only a few blocks from Greenville Memorial and I-85 Church of Christ is not too far away either.

You can also get to Lake Hartwell in less than 30 minutes near Anderson SC.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the info. I had forgotten about the directory. I was surprised in looking in Henderson and Flat Rock in NC that no churchs were shown there. Also the size surprised me I attend a church with 1300 members and two services here. We had small churchs in Pittsburgh and New Jersey. It was nice to get to DFW area where larger ones are available too.

Thanks for the link to Acadia. Though we do not shop much we eat out alot so a good variety of restaurants nearby would be ideal too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area