U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 07:13 PM

333 posts, read 397,908 times

Advertisements

Need a recommendation for purchase of eyeglasses, with a prescription from an Ophthalmologist. Eye doctor practices are way too pricy for their prescription glasses. IMHO. So, where do some of you go to find reasonable prices, not effecting quality? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 07:27 PM

128 posts, read 150,279 times
Default Eyemart Express- Woodruff road near Lowes

We go to Eyemart Express, in front of Lowes on Woodruff Rd. They are a national chain and if you have any discounts, they know how to use them to your advantage. For simple prescriptions, they can make the glasses within an hour; for more complicated finishes, you do have to be patient. We've been going there for 4 years.... not a lot of turnover.... and they are excellent at honoring non-warranty issues- i.e., my husband severely scratched his lenses and they were a month outside of the purchased warranty.... they agreed that since we had to send them out to get made, that we were closer to a year than a 13 months, and agreed to re-make the lenses at no charge.

Great staff, will give honest advice about frame sizes/shapes (if you ask).

Old 01-01-2018, 08:51 PM

315 posts, read 191,137 times
Costco. It may even be worth joining just for the glasses. $130 or so for a pair even with bifocals including frames (they have lots of frames for $40-50).

Old 01-01-2018, 10:58 PM

3,515 posts, read 5,560,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown27 View Post
Costco. It may even be worth joining just for the glasses. $130 or so for a pair even with bifocals including frames (they have lots of frames for $40-50).
We've used both Costo and Sam's club in Greenville for my wife's glasses over the years, and been happy with both.

Old 01-02-2018, 04:53 AM

5,777 posts, read 6,549,042 times
My family uses Costco and have been very happy.

If you really want to save, look at online retailers such as https://www.zennioptical.com/ or https://www.eyebuydirect.com/. There are lots of coupons out there and deals for first time customers.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:28 AM

1,868 posts, read 1,829,407 times
I second Eyemart Express; with the BOGO deal I got one pair of very fashionable glasses and another pair of prescription sunglasses- don't remember the price but it is was very reasonable. They were made quickly as well. Actually- now I am remembering that at first I did not get tint on the second pair and wasn't crazy about the way they looked as regular glasses; I brought them back and they tinted them for me at no charge.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:31 PM

690 posts, read 895,960 times
I used to go to the optical shop at Costco and was very pleased. I've switched to the VA clinic, but I still go to Costco for free adjustments, as it's much easier than going all the way to the VA clinic from the east side.

(Even though I'm in the lowest tier of the VA priority list, I got a very sharp pair of glasses and only had to pay for the antireflective and photochromic treatments at a substantially reduced rate. I don't know why I waited so long to check out my VA benefits.)

Old 01-02-2018, 08:55 PM

11,790 posts, read 26,711,628 times
https://www.zennioptical.com/

Old 01-02-2018, 08:57 PM

11,790 posts, read 26,711,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I just ordered mine from here and I needed bifocals I also got the glare resistant lens that is clearer. All that for $48 which included shipping.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:06 AM

315 posts, read 191,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I just ordered mine from here and I needed bifocals I also got the glare resistant lens that is clearer. All that for $48 which included shipping.
Wow, that is cheap! Bifocals with a line? Or the fancier kind - progressive lenses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area